Wednesday, September 7, 2022

August 2022 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Christophe Robin Pre-Shampooing Hair Oil with Lavender: Although this is a great pre-shampoo treatment if your hair is in need of a boost of hydration I would personally suggest this to people with either very damaged or thick, course hair because it tended to weigh my very fine hair down and felt very greasy and heavy while it was in. I found that it did wash out fairly easily, however, with the use of the companion Cleansing Mask with Lemon as well as other shampoos.

2. GARNIER green labs Smoothing Milky Wash Hyalu-Melon: This cleanser was alright, and the more I used it the more I liked how soft it made my skin. It foams up alright and everything but I honestly prefer my hydrating cleansers to have thick, luxurious foam and this just wasn't quite there.

3. wet n wild photofocus Loose Setting Powder in Translucent: This is a really beautiful setting powder that goes on very smooth and creates a beautiful smooth finish. It doesn't crease underneath the eyes or cake, which I appreciate. I'll definitely be picking it up again.

4. CVS Health 100 Ultra Sheer Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 100 Sunscreen: While this did the job I would, in no way, say that this is "ultra sheer" - while it doesn't leave color behind, it does leave quite a greasy residue on the skin.

5. Trader Joe's Grapefruit & Lemon Hand Sanitizer Spray x2: So I actually combined the remainder of this and another bottle of the spray together because I have discovered that this doubles as an efficacious bug spray - it won't kill them but they don't like its scent so it usually causes them to leave the room or at least get on a part of the wall where I can easily get rid of them. I did use up the second bottle.

6. Fourth Ray Beauty A-HA Moment exfoliating enzyme Mask: I really like this as an exfoliating, non-drying mask. It leaves my skin feeling very soft after I use it.

7. Korres Elasti-Smooth Body Butter: I'm sad to have used all this up because it smells really nice and leaves my skin feeling very smooth and hydrated. I loved that it worked on the soles of my feet too, to keep them soft and looking smooth.

8. m-61 PorePerfect Primer: Honestly, I'm glad that this is all gone. This had a nice smoothing function and I felt like my makeup looked nice and held up well over it but, in my opinion, it's very silicone-y in texture and if anything I feel like this led me to have more clogged pores and prominent sebaceous filaments on my nose versus other, lighter weight, primers.

9.  Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Citrus: This is by far my favorite in the collection! It has this sweet, bright, orange citrus scent that is delicious. I love how scrubby this scrub is, it helps me wake up in the morning.

10. Darphin Hydraskin Light All-Day Hydrating Cream Gel: I really love the texture of this moisturizer because it feels very hydrating and nourishing while also being extremely lightweight. It's also nice for the summertime because this feels refreshing to apply.

11. Fourth Ray Beauty The Big Detox Mud Mask: Honestly I enjoy the fact that this leaves my skin feeling deeply cleansed without stripping or drying out my skin. That being said I probably won't purchase this again because I make such a mess with it every time I try to wash it off my skin.

12. Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance: Honestly this does the job of keeping my eyeshadow in place and is a nice, basic eyeshadow primer with a matte, slightly powdery finish to it.

13. hey HONEY Open Your Eyes Lifting Eye Serum: I really liked this serum while I had it, this has a really refreshing, hydrating feeling to it. I also really liked the metallic applicator because it soothed my eyes when they were irritated; it felt really nice and cooling.

14. Bumble and bumble Bb thickening Go Big Treatment: Because I don't use this with heat, I really cannot speak to its full volumizing potential but I feel like it gives my hair a thicker texture. 

15. Winsome Lash 3D Faux Mink lashes in Cloudless x2: Honestly, as is the case with many faux mink lashes, these have a thick lash band that just doesn't want to stay on my lash line. I feel like I have to fight with them to get them to stay put on my eyelids.

16. L'oreal Excellence Creme Conditioning Treatment: For whatever reason my mom doesn't use these after she dyes her hair so I end up using them instead. This leaves my hair feeling very soft, silky, and smooth. It gives my hair a nice shine.

17. Sephora Collection Pro Small Blush and Contour Blush #74: As you may know, if you've seen the looks posts on this blog, I use this brush primarily for highlighting my cheek bones and have had it for many years now. Unfortunately it has shed a lot and just isn't quite the shape it once was, and because the bristles have broken in spots, it pokes my face in an unpleasant, prickly way. While it is a well-loved brush, it is time to say goodbye.

18. Trader Joe's Brazil Nut Body Scrub: Ok so I was super excited for this scrub because it smells amazing. That being said, I love its smell but I feel like the packaging causes too much of the scrub to end up exposed to the shower stream and steam, causing it to develop an odd texture. I love how gritty it is and I love that they chose sugar as a base, as salt scrubs sting if you're someone who shaves. That being said, it's also a touch too oily for my personal taste. I wanted to love this so very much but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. 

19. Bettie Pain I Will Speak For Her: I'm sad that this has come to an end now that fall is approaching, as this is a perfect pumpkin color. Additionally, I feel like I only used this three or four times - maybe I used it more and just don't remember, but in any case it's very thick, goopy, and difficult to extract from the bottle and since I've had it for nearly 6 years I think it's just time to say goodbye to it. 

20. wet n wild Rose Addiction Photo Focus 3-in-1 Primer Water: This is another product that I am genuinely sad to have run out of. In my opinion, it is by far one of the best setting sprays I've ever used, it just sets everything beautifully, helps products to wear longer, feels refreshing, smells great, and gives the skin a very beautiful skin-like finish, you won't look cakey or powdery. I wish it was sold in a larger volume. 

21. IUNIK Propolis Vitamin Sleeping Mask: I honestly wanted to love this mask and it was alright but I personally wanted something that would add just a bit more hydration than this did to my skin. I also wasn't a fan of it being kind of tacky when you first put it on. 

22. Garnier Fructis Style Flexible Control Hairspray: Personally I think this is my favorite hairspray out of everything I've tried. It helps to smooth out any frizzies I might be having and gives my hair a tiny bit of hold and volume while still retaining touchability - this will not make your hair stiff or crunchy which I appreciate. 

23. Dove refreshing cucumber & green tea Nourishing Body Wash: As I've mentioned many times, I really love to use these body washes to shave with because they're very hydrating and more economical for me to have on hand versus shaving foams. This has a nice, refreshing, slightly sweet scent to it. 

24. berkley jensen unscented baby wipes: As I've said in previous posts I love these baby wipes because you get a lot in each package so it feels like it lasts a while and  they're great for everyday cleaning like wiping down countertops, makeup, and swatches without smelling like chemicals.

25. e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge: As I've mentioned in the past, I really love these sponges because they don't absorb much product and, due to how large they get when wet, they blend makeup out very quickly and easily.

26. The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane: I honestly found that this worked relatively well because it didn't cause my skin any peeling/dryness or irritation except in this one spot on my chin where I developed an eczema patch but I'm sure the rest of my routine not being hydrating enough is to blame. While using this I only really broke out around that time of month or if I was testing new skincare and my skin texture was really smooth, it didn't make a significant difference in terms of my sebaceous filaments though. In addition, I can't really speak to any wrinkle-reduction or anti-aging benefits because I don't have any signs of aging yet and am grateful. That being said, I'm unsure if this is having any kind of preventative effect.  

27. Nature Republic Color & Nature Nail Color in 44 Mermaid: This is a beautiful nail polish top coat. Unfortunately mine has become extremely goopy so I will be parting ways with it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the m-61, Too Faced, hey HONEY, Bumble and bumble,  and Darphin products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment