Thursday, December 31, 2020

Mask Review: Fourth Ray Beauty The Big Detox Mud Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Fourth Ray Beauty The Big Detox Mud Mask






AvailabilityThis retails at $14 for 1.7 oz. (50g) and is exclusive to colourpop.com and fourthraybeauty.com.

Would I buy this again? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Product info according to fourthraybeauty.com:
Hit the reset button and enjoy refreshed, smoother skin with this deeply detoxifying mud mask. Formulated with potent Bamboo Charcoal, and paired with purifying Kaolin Clay, The Big Detox helps refine pores and reduce impurities, leaving you with a clear and healthy complexion.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to fourthraybeauty.com:
Bamboo Charcoal: is known to absorb impurities and detox skin. 
Kaolin Clay: is known to absorb impurities and refine skin.
Glycolic Acid: known to exfoliate and renew skin texture.
Tea Tree: known to purify and promote clarity.
Eucalyptus: known to provide balancing and purifying benefits.

What is the texture like?
This has a soft clay feel. 

Is this scented?
This smells earthy (which I assume is a combination of charcoal and clay) with hints of tea tree and eucalyptus. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
This is mostly a very traditional clay mask that fully dries on the skin. I will warn you that if you have dry skin, this mask can feel rather tight, itchy, and uncomfortable as it dries so my suggestion is to maybe only use it on oilier areas (you will see the oil it draws out as it dries, which is cool) or on spots - as it's absolutely fantastic in drawing acne out onto the surface. Despite it drying in a somewhat uncomfortable way on my dry skin I don't find that it actively dries my skin out though. When I remove this, my skin feels super silky, soft, and smooth. Another warning, however, it's VERY MESSY to remove so my suggestion is to use a damp washcloth or Makeup Eraser rather than just trying to remove it. I definitely love the results this mask gives me and its price point but it definitely needs a little work-around. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment