Saturday, December 19, 2020

Bitter Lace Beauty Mermaid Dreams Bundle Review

BEHOLD the Bitter Lace Beauty Mermaid Dreams Bundle







AvailabilityThis appears to have been discontinued.
Would I buy this again? Yes, the pans are large and you get a full 12 shades, I think it's worth the money but you can certainly buy each shade individually if you don't want the whole thing. 
NotesFriends I have been lemming for this palette since it launched back in 2018, then I managed to forget all about it and somehow it came back up on my Instagram feed when it went on sale and I just... HAD to have it. It's so me! So here we are. Each shade is beautifully metallic and has a gorgeous glow. Personally some are a bit odd-colored or too dark for my skin-tone to be used as cheek highlights but I think each and every shade here would be perfect as an eyeshadow, so I don't mind.


Buried Treasure - is described as a sandy pink nude with loads of iridescence that's apparently meant to match the jewel inside of it. That's exciting that there's an actual treasure buried in the highlighter but I'm not about to go breaking it just to find the jewel. I guess we'll find out what it is eventually. I'd say it's a beige-y pink with tiny bursts of pink and turquoise micro-shimmer. 

Life is the Bubbles - is descried as  appears to be white in the pan but with movement you begin to see a swirl of iridescent pink, blue, purple, green and yellow . I'd say it's an off-white base with a greenish-teal pearl with pink and turquoise micro-shimmer bursts.

Afterglow - is described as stripes of gold, amber, pink, lavender and blue make the perfect ray of light. I'd say it's essentially a rainbow highlighter with iridescent stripes of pastel gold, orange, pink, violet, and teal - it's well pigmented and has a beautiful iridescence to it.


Coral Cove - is descried as a  mix of coral toned pink, light peachy nude and an intense white gold shimmer. When mixed together you get a coral toned peachy pink with an intense gold shift. I'd say it's a BEAUTIFUL soft pastel gold with swirls of coral orange-pink.

Calypso - is described as a dirty metallic gold shade with deep brass undertones. I'd say it's a heavily golden antique gold shade. 

Shell Me All About It - is described as a swirly mix of iridescent violet, blue, teal and chartreuse. Mixed together a metallic teal sure to make a splash. I'd say that the overall shade this creates is a pastel teal with a whitish-turquoise pearl.

Starfish Wishes - is described as sandy shade is a metallic nude gold with glowing green undertones and the starfish is a bright sparkling blue. When mixed together they make a high metallic greenThe blue of the sea star allegedly runs all the way to the bottom of the pan so it's not just over-spray. I'd say it's that unless you're mixing in a lot of the gold (which already has quite the green pearl to it) this overall turns into a vibrant turquoise shade. 

Copper Sea - is descried as a mix of fiery metallic copper and aqua green iridescence. When mixed together they make a beautiful metallic rose gold. I'd say mixed together this creates a very cool-toned greenish rose-gold. It reminds me of something that was copper to begin with but that oxidized. Out of all of them I really like the look of it in the pan but I don't really love the way these shades mix. 

Sea Spray - is described as a blue/green/teal with a slight pink shift. I'd say it's white base with a turquoise pearl. 

Aquamarine - is described as a mix of ocean blue with green undertones and white veining with an aqua reflect. I'd say it's a true Caribbean water blue.

Poor Unfortunate Souls - is described as a deep blue based purple with an extremely intense teal and green shift. I'd say its description is fairly accurate.

Mermaid Tears - is described as a  slightly dusty powder blue with a strong pinky/lavender shift. I'd say it's a cornflower blue with pink micro-glitter chunks. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment