Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Concealer Review: lune+aster Hydrabright Concealer

lune+aster Hydrabright Concealer in Ivory




AvailabilityThis is to  exclusive to bluemercury.com and macys.com along with their physical locations where it retails at $26 for 6.50 g (.22 oz.).

Would I buy this again?: No.

What is it supposed to do?
Quoted from bluemercury.com:
WHAT IT IS
This water-based concealer helps to hydrate and plump skin, while blurring imperfections and hiding dark circles under the eye area for an instantly refreshed look.
BENEFITS
• Blurs imperfections.
• Hides dark circles under the eye area.
• Helps to hydrate and plump skin.
• Water-based formula that will not settle into fine lines or creases.
• Luxurious, weightless coverage.
• For all skin types.
Gluten-free & vegan.
For all skin types.
Dermatologist & allergy tested.
Paraben & phthalate free.
No animal testing.

Does this come in any other shades than the one pictured above?
This comes in 7 shades. 

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I'd say this is a light to medium coverage with a luminous finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
According to bluemercury.com:
Hyaluronic acid helps to plump and replenish the skin’s moisture level.
Shea butter helps to provide deep and lasting hydration.
Vitamin E helps to hydrate, repair and protect.
Vitamin C helps to protect against environmental stressors and promote elasticity while boosting skin's radiance and tone.
Vitamin B5 helps to replenish moisture.

Is this scented?
This has a soft, clean scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Honestly I just find that this doesn't give me the kind of coverage I want. If I can apply one layer of concealer and have it cover all my imperfections while still looking like skin and having a bit of a dewy finish, that's hitting the jackpot for me. With this concealer, unless I'm covering something minor, I feel like I have to do about three layers before achieving the coverage I want. I also feel like the applicator hardly dispenses any product and I have to keep going back for more. Frankly I feel like this is a product meant more for the "natural" crowd and for those that like a fuller coverage, like myself, it's just not it. 

What do I use to apply the product? 
I apply this with  my AOA Wonder Blender - Pink Teardrop.

I feel like this review is as thorough as it gets but please let me know if you have any questions or comments. 

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment