Sunday, October 2, 2022

September 2022 Empties

 All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. The Ordinary "Buffet" Serum: Although I can't speak to the anti-aging benefits of the peptides in here, given my lack of aging signs thus far, I found this serum gave my skin a nice boost of hydration and made my skin feel plump.

2. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Cannabis Sativa Hemp Seed Oil: The scent of this grew on me, it's very green and I wasn't its biggest fan at first. It does not, however, smell like the type of weed people smoke so if that's what you were expecting or hoping for, this isn't it. This provides a nice exfoliation due to its large sugar pieces and makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I can't say that it has any pain or inflammation reduction benefits, nor does it claim to, but I know some cannabis products do and therefore felt the need to point that out. 

3. AOA studio lashes in Alexis: While these lashes are beautiful and easy to put on, I find that you have to be very delicate with them as they have a tendency to rip off at the lash band. Given that these lashes were under $2 I can't complain much but I'm unsure if I'll get them again. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the style, it was wispy the way I like but I found it a bit too chunky for my liking. 

4. L'oreal Excellence Creme Conditioning Treatment x2: For whatever reason my mom doesn't use these after she dyes her hair so I end up using them instead. This leaves my hair feeling very soft, silky, and smooth. It gives my hair a nice shine.

5SOLINOTES Paris Rose Eau de Parfum: While I personally still prefer sweeter, fruitier, rose scents this grew on me as I was using it. This has a nice fresh rose scent to it.

6. berkley jensen Maximum Strength Ant-Itch Cream 1% Hydrocortisone: I purchased this to help get the itch out of my eczema patches and I have to say it does a really great job of that. 

7. Darphin Hydraskin Light All-Day Hydrating Cream Gel: I really love the texture of this moisturizer because it feels very hydrating and nourishing while also being extremely lightweight. It's also nice for the summertime because this feels refreshing to apply. I do personally feel that I need more hydration than this offers though.

8. Trader Joe's Brazil Nut Body Butter: I have to start by saying that this smells absolutely incredible and I just love it. As far as this being a Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream dupe - it's a dupe in scent for sure but the texture of this is thicker, and in my personal opinion, a bit more stickier, especially on the soles of the feet. Despite its thickness I feel like the soles of my feet have a tough time absorbing it and getting adequate hydration from it. That being said, it makes my legs feel super silky post-shave. I feel like this is the kind of item I'd purchase if I was in Trader Joe's and wanted to pick it up because I wanted its scent but it's not an item that I feel I always need to have on hand. 

9. COSRX Aloe Sun Soothing Cream SPF 50 PA+++:  I really love this sunscreen and am sad to have run out of it. It has a nice lightweight yet hydrating texture and doesn't leave a white casting behind. I like that it feels hydrating and I don't need to use an additional moisturizer with it and that it keeps my pale behind from burning out in the sun. 

10. AOA studio lashes in Audrey: Unfortunately I was feeling a bit weepy when I wore these lashes and sort of ended up screwing their shape up entirely because I cried with them on. Overall they're pretty and are easy to apply and shape to the eye. 

11. Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste with Pure Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts: I really like using this product as a weekly scalp scrub just to get rid of any dead skin and product residue. I personally prefer their sea salt scrub because it's a bit more intense but this is a nice, gentle alternative.

12. Soapology Black Coconut Creamy Scrub: Honestly this scrub is just absolutely dreamy. It does a beautiful job of exfoliating and smoothing my skin while giving it hydration. It feels invigoratingly scrubby but, in my opinion, is fairly gentle for the body. It can be used for the face and the one time I tried it made my facial skin super smooth but I found it a bit too abrasive for my liking. That being said, it's great as a body scrub and it doesn't leave an oily residue in the bath/shower either, which is fantastic. The black coconut scent feels sweet yet sophisticated. All in all, while this is a super pricey item and I received it as a birthday gift, I absolutely love it and would purchase it myself if I wanted to treat myself or someone special. 

13. Farmacy Very Cherry Clean makeup meltaway cleansing balm: I really enjoyed using this cleansing balm because it removed not just my long-wear makeup, but also most of the lash glue residue I get on my lashes without leaving any kind of oily residue behind on my skin. I've been using it regularly since March so I think it lasting me just about 6 months is really fantastic and well worth the price. I would definitely consider repurchasing this. 

14. #I Dew Care Berry Groovy Brightening Glycolic Wash-Off Mask: I really enjoyed using this mask because it smells like a delicious berry smoothie and leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth.

15. Korres Renewing Body Cleanser in Lilac Hyacinth: This body wash smells absolutely delicious and left my skin feeling very clean and soft. I am sad to be done with it.

16. Soapology Buttercream in Verbena & Ginger: This is a really yummy scented lightweight body cream. As with many, I love the way it leaves my legs feeling silky but it just doesn't do enough for the soles of my feet. I do love that it's quick-absorbing and doesn't leave any kind of residue on my clothing. 

17. AOA studio lashes in Lauren: So, my advice when it comes to these lashes is do not fall asleep in them because you will end up deforming them in one way or another. I took a nap and these look like weirdly bent caterpillars now. 

18. Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream: This was a nice lightweight yet hydrating moisturizer. That being said, I feel like my facial eczema is aggravated at this time and this didn't really do enough to hydrate the bits afflicted by the eczema. 

19. Dove refreshing cucumber & green tea Nourishing Body Wash: As I've mentioned many times, I really love to use these body washes to shave with because they're very hydrating and more economical for me to have on hand versus shaving foams. This has a nice, refreshing, slightly sweet scent to it. 

20. Soapology Walnut Polisher: I absolutely love that something about this scrub smells like a bookstore as I find the scent of bookstores very comforting. But that aside, this scrub leaves a lot of sandy residue in the tub which is a pain to clean up. 

21. Nature Republic Hand & Nature sanitizer gel in Apple: I really like these hand sanitizers because they don't feel thick and goopy, and they also don't dry out your hands. The apple scent reminded me of apple Jolly Rancher.

22. Soapology Buttercream in Yuzu: This body cream just smells absolutely incredible. It has a very strong, lasting yuzu scent that's citrusy and refreshing. Unfortunately, as with most body creams, this did a wonderful job on my legs but didn't cut it for the soles of my feet. 

23. Soapology Dead Sea Salt Scrub in Waterlily & Jasmine: I absolutely love the scent of this body scrub and I love how grainy and scrubby it is. That being said, unfortunately it's just too oily for my personal liking. It leaves a residue behind on my skin. I understand that the oil is to counteract the drying properties of the sea salt but I wish they would've just made it a sugar scrub instead. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Darphin, Soapology, and Christophe Robin products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment