Friday, May 1, 2020

April 2020 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P
Sheet Masks Galore:
A'Pieu Green Tea Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask: This mask smells wonderful and hydrates my skin lightly.
A'Pieu Banana Milk Air Pocket Sheet Mask: A repeat favorite - this mask smells like a banana milkshake and leaves my skin super hydrated. 
berrisom Cocktail Recipe Mask in Kahlua Milk x2: This is a nice, lightly hydrating mask with an intense Kahlua/coffee scent that I really enjoy.
Etude House 0.2 Air Mask in Lotus: This is a nice, lightly hydrating mask that left my skin smooth, dewy, and radiant without having a heavy hydrating essence. I really liked it.
Etude House 0.2 Air Mask in Olive: This is an intensely hydrating mask that left my skin smooth, dewy, and very soft.
Etude House 0.2 Air Mask in Madecassoside: This is an intensely hydrating mask that, while the serum is milky, isn't too heavy. I really liked this - it left my skin super soft and silky. 
Quret Collagen Lifting Care Mask:  I really enjoyed this mask, it left my skin feeling super silky and soft but the serum in here isn't heavy at all. I'd definitely pick it up again.
Rodial pink diamond lifting face mask: I would say in terms of lifting, this made my skin feel tight but in a kind of dry way, not in a "lifted"/firm way. I feel like the skin  needs to be revived with some sort of face mist or watery serum to really feel the effects of this mask - after I splashed my face with water I noticed that my skin felt super smooth but frankly I just didn't love the experience of this particular mask. It's super pricey too, if I was going to shell out that kind of money I'd go for SK II.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Rice x5: Given that it's hard to go to the store and buy sheet masks right now, I ordered my favorites in bulk. I absolutely love how soft and silky this makes my skin feel.
Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Rose: This is a lightly hydrating mask with a pretty rose scent.

2.  ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Empire:  I feel like my shadow just dried out and is crumbling all over the place, it's technically usable but it doesn't really press back into the plate and because it's so crumbly I personally find it messy and difficult to work with; it's too messy to give away and I just know I won't be tempted to grab for it so at this point I think it's best to just let it go. 

3 Naime's Lashes in 101: Folks I am so glad to be done with these lashes! They're just too big and bulky for my eyes. I've realized I can't pull off lashes that are thick straight across without looking cross-eyed; wispy or spiky lashes - or some combination of those both - tend to look more flattering with my eye shape. Honestly these really irritated my eyes despite them being lightweight and having a thin band; the issue is they'd never fully adhere to my eyes and pop off on the inner or outer corner and because they were so fiddly my eyes would get irritated due to me having to constantly fix or move the lashes around.

4. Virtue Full Conditioner: This is something I'm really sad to be done with because I really LOVE the Virtue full line. Luckily I have a jumbo bottle waiting for me in my closet but alas - I'm currently working through other conditioners and masks at the moment. I just love that this makes my hair look and feel fuller/ more voluminous while offering restorative moisture.

5. Pampers Baby Wipes x2: As I've mentioned before I use this to wipe surfaces, especially those of my makeup collection, and to remove swatches off my hands/arms.

6. m-61 Hydraboost Moisturizer SPF 30: Unfortunately I didn't get to use this up - my bottle fell and cracked to an extent that the remaining product wasn't salvageable. I will say there's a manufacturing defect with all m-61 products that come in pump bottles because their caps never fully snap into the bottle, so when you hold it by the cap, it falls. I know, technically, the solution is to hold it by the bottle but I literally never have this issue with any other brand and it's disappointing for pricey products to be placed in faulty packaging. I did like the sunscreen and found it to be lightweight but at $68 for just moisturizer with sunscreen in it I will not be going out to get it.

7. The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane: I am genuinely so sad to be out of my squalane and now that I'm using a different oil; I really see the difference this makes. My skin is far less red and is baby butt smooth when I use squalane whereas without it - my skin feels much more rough and dry and is noticeably more inflamed.

8. Ooh La Lash in 310: These lashes were unfortunate in two accounts. Firstly, they were thick and blocky which, unfortunately, with my eye shape, they keep popping off at the corners and result in me looking cross-eyed. In addition to that, they decided to take a trip down the sink drain so... They just weren't meant to be.

9. Bath & Body Works Tiki Shore Deep Cleansing Hand Soap: You folks all know how much I LOVE and adore Tiki Beach so when I saw the same scent was available in a hand soap I just had to have it! It's so good and if it makes a comeback this year I definitely suggest getting it!

10.  Dove winter care nourishing body wash: I really like to use these body washes for shaving because they hydrate the skin and give my razor a nice glide but because I am lowkey a hairy beast they last a month, unlike shaving gel, which lasts a week so I'm happy to use them and have them.

11. ColourPop Just a Tint Lip Crayon in Chubby Bunny: I absolutely adore these lip balms - they make the lips feel very smooth and silky and this color in particular is a pretty bubblegum pink that, because it's sheer, is easy to pull off. I will say that when you get down to the part where it no longer twists up there is still a significant amount of product left in the packaging, I scraped out the remainder with a toothpick and put it in a jar but you are certainly welcome to do whatever you feel is necessary with it.

12. Eau Thermale Avene Rich Compensating Cream: This is a nice hydrating moisturizer. I enjoyed using it while I had it.

13. Lash Star Visionary Lash Adhesive: The main reason I keep purchasing this lash glue is because we sell it where I work so it's easily accessible and I get a discount on it. Quality-wise though I personally find it just as effective as any other brush-on lash glue. Personally I think they're all fairly the same across the board, or at least that's been my experience with them.

14. Physician's Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner: I really liked this eyeliner, especially at first, because it really allows you to get thin, fine lines. That said, toward the end of me using it, I found that it kind of has the tendency to dispense too much product and be difficult to control.

15. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Lychee & Plum:  This has a sweet, slightly sour scent that kind of reminds me of European hard candy. You folks know I love these and have been using them for years - my #1 body scrub because it's super scrubby but isn't oily so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower or tub.

16. lune + aster Stratosphere Volumizing Mascara: I am so sad to be done with this mascara because it is genuinely one of my favorites - it gives me really nice volume and length.

17.GLAMGLOW Superserum 6-Acid Refining Treatment: This serum really left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. Despite having all those acids in it I found that it was still fairly gentle on, and didn't irritate, my skin.

18. Bath & Body Works PocketBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel in Mango Mai Tai: Have I ever mentioned how much I love Bath & Body Works mango scents? This smells absolutely delicious!

19. Clarins Paris Multi-Active Jour SPF 20: This is such a lovely SPF in that it feels lightweight and very hydrating but isn't too thick or heavy. It has a nice fresh scent to it.

20. Chantecaille Rose de Mai Cream: Ugh I have to say folks, I wish this cream wasn't crazy expensive, it's got such a lovely texture that just melts into the skin while leaving it soft, silky, and smooth. Plus it smells delicious!

21. La Mer the revitalizing hydrating serum: This is a nice, lightweight, hydrating serum that smells nice too. That said, I won't be going out and paying La Mer prices for it.

22. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: As I've mentioned in the past, I think this is a great setting powder, it lasts a good while (I think around 2-3 months) and keeps my makeup in place while giving my skin a nice natural matte finish. I will say that I've never had a full-size up until now and the sifter is absolute crap when you run low on product because it's incredibly difficult to try and remove - I personally just cut the sifter holes such that I was left with a giant hole in the center and I was able to jam a makeup brush into it to get to the remains of the product but frankly I think they should just put an easier to remove sifter onto the jar.

23. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask: This mask feels super refreshing and gives the skin a nice boost of hydration. I personally really liked this as a sleeping mask. Personally I find that if I can use a hydrating mask as a sleeping mask I prefer to do that versus using it as a wash-off because I (maybe falsely) think my skin benefits more from not washing it off. Anyway, I really liked the way this felt going on.

24. La Mer Regenerating Serum: I'm not perfectly clear what this serum is meant to accomplish outside of being anti-aging - given I don't have any super noticeable signs of aging I can't really pinpoint to it having results in that aspect. That said, I found this to be hydrating in a lightweight manner which I really enjoyed. Much like the other serum I mentioned though, I wouldn't go out of my way to pay La Mer pricing for a serum that makes my skin feel silky though.

25. DERMAdoctor shrinking Beauty body beautiful lotion: Alright so, much like other body lotions that promise to have a firming effect, this didn't do much in the firming aspect. That said, it was a nice, richly hydrating body lotion. I'm unsure why it was tinted either, it kind of made my socks all messy because I mostly used this on my legs and feet.

26. red cherry Eyelashes in Simone: These are a really beautiful pair of long wispies. They go on super easily and have a thin, flexible lash band. They're a tiny bit flimsy but I find that they're fairly easy to work with.

27. m-61 Hydraboost Eye Concentrate: I am so sad that this is all completely gone - it's a lovely, very hydrating under-eye cream that made my under-eyes feel super silky and played nice with makeup as well. That said, I felt like I went through it super quick and, given its price point, I don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon.

28. innisfree intensive hydrating serum with green tea seed: This is a really nice, watery, lightweight serum that leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. I feel like it helps moisturizers go onto the skin in a smoother fashion as well.

29. Korres Pure Greek Olive Shower Gel Sea Salt: One of my besties brought this to me from Greece which is super cool. It smells sweet yet lightweight and refreshing and it left my skin feeling super soft and silky. I really enjoyed using it.

30. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil: While I really don't love the smell of tea tree oil, I do like to use it for keeping my diffuser and air conditioners clean.

31. Virtue Full Shampoo: As you folks know, this is probably my favorite shampoo of all time. I am so sad to have used it up completely but I do have a giant bottle waiting for me in my closet so it's alright. This gives my hair lots of volume, fullness, and hydrates without feeling heavy; it has this... salon shampoo quality to it where it feels super luxurious when you use it. I'm usually hesitant to invest in luxury brand shampoo because it just doesn't spend that much time in the hair so I feel like that's money going down the drain, but this one really does make a difference.

32. CVS Health Cupholder Wipes:  So I did a BUNCH of cleaning over the past few months, this one especially, hence why I went through so many wipes this month. Anyhow, these wipes are kind of crappy, they're cheap and cheaply made too, they snag and tear very easily and they have this nasty cloying scent. It's all CVS had and that's why we got them but overall I wouldn't recommend them.

33. Secret Cool Waterlily Deodorant: So I've mentioned in the past, Secret's deodorants are the only ones that seem to work for me in both the stopping sweat and stopping stink departments without irritating my pits.

34innisfree Intensive Hydrating Cream with Green Tea Seed : This is a really nice, hydrating cream that feels fairly lightweight on the skin.

35. innisfree Intensive Hydrating Eye Cream with Green Tea Seed: This is a really nice, hydrating  eye cream that feels fairly lightweight on the skin. I know the description is the same as above but that's how I feel. It plays nice with eye makeup/concealer.

36. laura mercier body and bath ambre vanille honey bath: I feel like this took me forever to work through - it smells absolutely phenomenal and creates loads of hydrating, luxurious bubbles. I know it's a pricey item but a tiny bit really goes a long way so if there is a scent in this that you like, it's worth investing.

37. Skinceuticals Phyto+: I really wanted to love this serum because it's meant to reduce redness but I found that it didn't really do anything for me in that aspect.

38. Virtue Split End Serum: This is a really nice hydrating treatment for the hair - it's great at smoothing split ends but is also fantastic to smooth out unruly hair along with flyaways and frizz. It also smells absolutely delicious!

39. After Party bath bomb by Detox: I bought this at DragCon and it smells so good! It's got a floral sweet tart scent.  It also leaves your water a really pretty peachy pink color.

40. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea: I feel like we're on a roll here with good smelling products. This spray smells delicious - like green tea and feels super refreshing when sprayed on.

41. Revive Environmental Antioxidant Booster: This is a nice hydrating serum. It gave my skin a nice radiance but I feel it's pricey for what it is.

42. Darphin Intral Redness Relief Serum: This is another product that I really wanted to love but  unfortunately it didn't really do anything for my redness.

43. Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner in Raven: This is a beautiful coral red! Unfortunately, mine has completely dried out and drags when I apply it to the lips.

44. wet n wild proline Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black: Overall, I'm disappointed in this product. Within about a week of using it the cap popped off in such a way that there is no way for me to get it back on, causing the product to dry out. It's not a terrible product but due to the packaging being the way it is I wouldn't get this again.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the m-61, Eau Thermale Avene, lune+aster, GLAMGLOW, Chantecaille, La Mer, Rodial, innisfree (everything excluding the sheet masks), Korres, Skinceuticals, Darphin, Virtue, Hourglass and Laura Mercier  (the setting powder) products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment