Sunday, June 4, 2023

May 2023 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Charmed Aroma Seashell Candle: This is a beautiful mug candle that smells delicious and had a very beautiful ring inside it. I feel like, due to its single wick, it didn't burn the most evenly but other than that I really enjoyed having the candle.

2. Color Club Eternal Beauty: Unfortunately, as much as I love this nail polish, it has gotten quite thick and goopy. There's not much left in the bottle so it is time for us to part ways. 

3.  M-61 Hydraboost Cream: I feel like despite me liking this moisturizer that it is just a basic, scent-free, lightweight moisturizer that hydrates fairly well and therefore isn't worth its insanely high price tag for me especially when there are products I love more than this at lower price points.

4. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Sun Cream SPF 50+ PA+++: Although this sunscreen is full of great ingredients and has cute packaging, I find its finish a bit too matte and powdery for my liking and it's strange in the sense of that I tend to kind of sweat through it despite it being matte so my face is left feeling odd with an odd texture too. 

5. L'Oreal Superior Preference Color & Shine Conditioner: I really loved how this smoothed out and hydrated my hair while smelling really nice too. 

6. Trader Joe's Nourish Microdermabrasion Scrub exfoliating cream:  This is a fairly decent scrub that helps smooth out the skin and remove any dead or flaky skin bits that are hanging around. I personally find it to be fairly gentle and almost not gritty enough for my liking.

7. Tree Hut Pink Hibiscus Shea Sugar Scrub: I feel like either these got less gritty or the ones I'm used to from Dr Teal's are slightly grittier. This has a really nice sweet yet sour floral scent to it. 

8.  Soap & Glory Clean On Me Hydrating Body Wash: I am so sad that this has come to an end. This body wash smells delicious and left me feeling clean while giving my skin a nice boost of hydration and smoothness. 

9. Kara Beauty Fabulashes 3D faux Mink Lashes in 202 x2: These are a beautiful, soft, fluffy lash that I find are relatively easy to apply and work with. That being said, occasionally they do want to pop off at the inner corners.

10. Freeman clearing shimmer peel-off mask: This is a product that I am glad to have finished up because it was overall a mess to use, to remove, and to clean up after use because it made a mess of my sink. I wish they would've made this a rinse off rather than a peel-off mask because whatever they use to make this rubberized just makes a giant mess and does a terrible job of dissolving in water. 

11. MAC Tendertone Lip Balm in Hush, Hush: Now I realized this product is extremely old but mine smelled and felt fine so I used it up entirely. I really enjoyed the Tendertones when they were out even though I missed the first two launches. I think they're really fun and that MAC should re-release them especially in the fun colors they used to come in like the green and lavender. 

12.  Trader Joe's Rose Water Facial Toner: This continues to be a popular toner in my personal rotation because it's inexpensive, smells nice, and makes my skin feel refreshed. Overall, I think I might need something a touch more hydrating right now with my skin being a bit crusty but overall I really enjoy this product.  

13. Tresemme flawless Curls Moisturizing Mousse: I really did feel that, with combing this mousse through my hair, that it made my curls look really nice. I'm sad to have used it all up.

14. Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo in Front Runner: I am so sad to have run out of this because, especially with neutral palettes, I'd use this as an eyeshadow base on a near daily basis. It is a really pretty champagne shade that I think would be nice used as a cream highlighter for the face as well. 

15. Tree Hut Vitamin C Shea Sugar Scrub: I feel like either these got less gritty or the ones I'm used to from Dr Teal's are slightly grittier. This has a sweet, citrusy scent to it that I enjoy. I actually really enjoyed using this particular one a lot.  

16. Kose softymo Washing Foam Collagen: While I found this cleanser to be alright, I wish it was a bit more hydrating. If I'm being honest it was fine and did the job but I wouldn't go out of my way to get this again. 

17. Virtue Flourish Shampoo for Thinning Hair: I really like the spa-like scent this shampoo has and how well it cleans my hair. That being said, I don't love this on its own and wish it were a bit more hydrating or nourishing to the hair somehow. I really liked it paired with the matching Flourish conditioner.

18. AOA Studio Mochi Teardrop Blender: I find that this does a nice job of blending my makeup and works as well as most other sponges I've tried. That being said, I find these difficult to thoroughly wash as they seem to really want to hang onto foundation/potentially absorb a lot of foundation as they're being used.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Charmed Aroma and  M-61 products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment