Thursday, April 6, 2023

Mask Review: Freeman clearing shimmer peel-off mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Freeman clearing shimmer peel-off mask.

Availability:  This retails anywhere from $3 - $6 for the full sized tube - 3 fl. oz.

Would I buy this again? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
According to freemanbeauty.com:
Shimmer and shine with our pore-minimizing peel-off mask. When your skin is in need of a major detox, this peel-off mask infused with platinum pigments, charcoal and witch hazel, helps to strip away dirt and reduce oil so you can put your best face forward.
• Our Freeman Clearing Shimmer Charcoal Witch Hazel Peel Off Facial Mask is your solution to achieve a fresh glow
• Dermatologist tested, safe for sensitive skin
• Perfect for normal, combination, oily, blemish prone, and dull skin
• Made with clean ingredients, Freeman products are free of parabens, sulfates, silicone, phthalates, and mineral oils!
• 100% Cruelty Free and Vegan - Freeman products are never tested on animals
• At Freeman, we believe in loving your body naturally and are proud to be free of harsh chemicals!
• Dermatologist tested, safe for sensitive skin

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Once again, according to freemanbeauty.com:
• Infused with platinum pigments, charcoal, and witch hazel helps to strip away dirt and reduce oil
• Charcoal works to detoxify your skin while the witch hazel is good for refining pores

What is the texture like?
I would describe this mask's texture as being gelatinous in its wet state and then drying off to something like a liquidy leather. 

Is this scented?
I would describe the scent as being between witch hazel and rubber.

What has my experience with the product been like?
There are a few issues I personally have with this mask. No matter how thin or thick of a layer I apply, it never gets to the point where I can easily peel it off and therefore end up having to go in with a Makeup Eraser cloth to remove it. I wish they would have just made this a charcoal mask that rinsed off instead of adding the unnecessary peeling element. Because, in my opinion, it makes the mask more difficult to remove and I feel like I'm adding additional and unnecessary irratation to my skin by having to take extra measures to wash this off. Additionally, I think the shimmer in here is really unnecessary as a mask designed to shrink pores and be deep clearing seems to be geared to an oily skin-type so I don't see why someone with oily skin would want to be shiny all over their face. Now the shimmer washes off along with the mask but it has no actual benefit and is therefore, in my opinion, extra. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment