Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Exfoliator Review: Trader Joe's Nourish Microdermabrasion Scrub exfoliating cream

Trader Joe's Nourish Microdermabrasion Scrub exfoliating cream

Availability: This product is exclusive to Trader Joe's stores where it retails at $4.99 for 2 oz. (56g).

Would I buy this again? I'm not sure.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Unfortunately I am unable to find any literature that Trader Joe's themselves have put out on this product but it's obviously meant to exfoliate the skin. 

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Pumice: Has exfoliating properties.
Glycerin: Helps attract moisture to the skin.
Sunflower Seed Oil: Has antioxidant, hydrating, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Kaolin: Helps absorb excess skin oil and prevents pores from becoming clogged.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Jojoba Seed Oil: Have hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Tocopherol: Vitamin E; has anti-oxidant properties.
Castor Seed Oil: Has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Aleurites Moluccanus Seed Oil: Has anti-aging properties - helps stimulate collagen production and increase skin cell turnover. 
Matricaria Flower Extract: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Borago Officinalis Seed Oil: Has hydrating and skin-smoothing properties, helps hydrate damaged skin.
Licorice Root Extract: Has brightening properties.
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a creamy texture to it that is full of pumice particles. 

Is this scented?
This has a soft, clean scent. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
My friend Donna, who I've mentioned before, had purchased this and while she did not tell me to go out and buy it the way she did with the Anastasia palettes, she said she liked this a lot when I asked what she thought of it. Hence, I also now own this product. Personally, when I read that pumice was the main exfoliating ingredient I was concerned it might be too harsh but now that I've used this I personally wish it was just a tiny touch more abrasive. If you prefer gentle scrubs, this is absolutely up your alley. I really like how this leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth after I rinse it off but I think I wish it were more abrasive because that one eczema spot I always complain about does not turn smooth after I use this, hence I wish it was strong enough to get the flakes to come off that area. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment