Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January 2023 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. ColourPop Just a Tint Lip Crayon in Treasure Island: I am so sad to have finished this up because it is the last of my lip tints and I have been singing their praises since I first purchased these - they are so smooth and give such a nice hint of color to the lips. If you are someone that likes tinted lip balm, I highly recommend checking these out.

2. Freeman Clearing sweet tea + lemon Peel-Off Clay Mask: Unfortunately I am just not a fan of this mask. Not only is this difficult to remove, but I find that the act of peeling it off or ultimately removing it with a microfiber cloth, irritates my skin. 

3. AOA A+ Super Strip Lash Adhesive: I would personally say this is pretty standard as far as brush-on lash glue goes. 

4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Extravagant Mascara: I feel like this mascara did a good job of giving me volume and a bit of length but I found its large brush difficult to navigate. 

5. AOA Artista Black Fine Tip Liquid Eyeliner: I find that this is a really great eyeliner in terms of ease-of-use and its wear time. In my opinion, its brush tip is precise and hugs the curves of the eye nicely, making lining the eyes fairly easy. The liner stays put on me all day as well. I think these liners are not only great in general, but because of their low price point, are great for beginners to experiment with.

6. Freeman Rejuvenating cucumber + pink salt Clay Mask x2: This mask dries a bit too tight for my liking but I really love its exfoliating action and how soft it leaves my skin feeling. 

7. Trader Joe's Grapefruit & Lemon Hand Sanitizer Spray: I really like these sanitizer sprays because they dry a lot faster than gels do and it feels as though they last longer too. This has a nice citrusy scent to it which, as a bonus, house centipedes are not fans of - if I spray this on them they tend to run out of my room at such a pace that I can't even catch them to kill them.

8. AOA studio 3D Faux Mink Premium Natural Lashes in Isla: These are a really pretty pair of large, fluttery lashes. I liked the way they made my eyes look more open. 

9. Bath & Body Works Coffee & Whiskey Shea Butter Cleansing Bar: A friend got me this for my birthday and I really enjoyed it; this bar doesn't dry out my skin or aggravate my eczema, which is a plus. It lasted a good while as well and has a nice scent to it. I didn't know Bath & Body Works did bars but these come in a bunch of different scents and I think they're worth checking out!

10. theraWell jasmine 100% pure essential oil This is a very delicious, jasmine scented essential oil. I like it a lot.

11. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Black Elderberry: This is a coarse grain sugar scrub, which I personally enjoy because I find it invigorating. I like to use these scrubs to prep and smooth out my skin for shaving. I really like its fruity, berry scent - it's sweet without being cloying. 

12. Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream: I am so sad to have used up this moisturizer because I really loved both its hydrating, plush texture and its refreshing, calming scent. 

13. Trader Joe's Watermelon Overnight Face Mask: I liked this mask ok, I found it to give my skin a refreshing, cooling feeling which was nice during the summertime. That being said, I use other exfoliating products so this didn't give me any kind of special glow and overall I think my skin just needs a break from all the glycolic I've been using on it. This has a nice, fruity scent to it.

14. theraWell peppermint 100% pure essential oilI found this oil was strange in the sense that it had an earthiness to it along with the mint and occasionally black stuff would come out along with the oil so it was just kind of a strange experience to use this in my diffuser. 

15. Softsoap body Hydrating macadamia oil & soft peony Moisturizing Body Wash: I genuinely wish this was as hydrating as it claims to be. It did a fairly decent job of cleansing my skin and making me feel clean but I wish it hydrated my skin better.

16. Dr. Bronner's All-In-One Hemp Peppermint Pure Castille Bar Soap: I purchased this at Trader Joe's last year to wash my brushes with and am impressed that the bar lasted me an entire year. This does a wonderful job of cleaning my brushes, although, brushes stained with cream products need a little extra TLC so I use my beloved beautyblender solid on them. I find that using both bars in tandem helps each last longer.

17. Trader Joe's Peach Mango Scented Foaming Hand Soap: This soap smells absolutely delicious and left my skin feeling both clean and hydrated. I feel like I go through these foaming hand soaps quickly because of how frequently I wash my hands but other than that, I love them. 

18. AOA studio A+ Glam 3D Premium Faux Mink Lashes in Jeju: These lashes are absolutely beautiful and give me a nice, open-eyed effect. My only gripe with them is that their band is somewhat on the thick side and they tend to want to pop up on the inner corner of my eyes.

19. be natural by proLinc cuticle eliminator: Honestly this is great for basic cuticle removal but I find that it can be a bit harsh and drying.

20. Dr Teal's Ultra Moisturizing Mineral Soak Super Moisturizer Avocado Oil: This soak really did add a nice boost of hydration, has a sweet, clean scent, and helped soothe my achy feet. 

21. Aveeno Positively Radiant skin brightening daily scrub: On the one hand this lasted me nearly an entire year so it lasts a long time. That being said, this is more of an exfoliating cleanser versus a true exfoliator - it doesn't make a significant difference in terms of actually smoothing out the skin and foams up a lot - a quality I like in my cleansers but not in my exfoliants. 

22. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter: I am so sad to have run out of this, it's really hydrating and smells beautiful. It was genuinely a joy to use. 

23. Tocca Bianca Eau de Parfum: This is a really nice, tea scented fragrance and a little goes a long way with it.

24. Aveeno baby eczema therapy: This worked really well combined with cortisol to both soothe and hydrate my skin whenever I would have an eczema flareup. 

25. inm Out the Door Topcoat for NailsI really love this topcoat because it genuinely does make your nail polish set fairly quickly and gives the nails a really smooth, shiny appearance.

26. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Coconut Oil:  I really love how gritty these scrubs are. This has a very subtle earthy scent to it with just the slightest hint of coconut. In terms of scent I kind of feel like it's middle of the road for me personally.

27. Bath & Body Works Sweater Weather Gentle Foaming Hand Soap: This soap smells incredible but unfortunately with my eczema out to play, I feel like it's aggravated the eczema. It has a really yummy sweet balsam scent to it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Freeman, MAKE UP FOR EVER, and Bath & Body Works products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment