Friday, September 1, 2023

August 2023 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Beauty of Joseon Glow Deep Serum: I don't know that this serum made my skin any more radiant than usual, but it did make my skin feel very smooth and hydrated which I appreciate.

2. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Cannabis Sativa Hemp Seed Oil x2: This has a sweet, earthy, green scent to it that I enjoy - it doesn't smell the way stereotypical "weed" smells so you won't be smelling like you've been smoking. Additionally, the scrub has a really nice grit to it which leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. 

3. Freeman Hydrating glacier water + pink peony Gel Cream Mask: This mask adds a nice boost of hydration to the skin. I like to use this as a sleeping mask so that it can replenish my skin overnight.

4. Pearlessence Faux Mink Lashes Wispies: Despite them being faux mink, I find these lashes are easier to apply and have thinner lash bands. They have a pretty, natural appearance that gives a voluminous, full lash look.  

5. Pure Smile Choosy Lip Scrub in Chocolate: This scrub started off as somewhat of a lip balm because it took me a while to get down to the gritty bits. It smells delicious and left my lips feeling soft and smooth. 

6. Revital Vitamin C + Mango Enhanced Glow Body Lotion: This lotion smells delicious and feels very smooth, almost serum-like going on. That being said, I didn't find that it made my body skin glowing or luminous in any way. Additionally, I wish it were more hydrating.

7. Minoxidil Topical Aerosol 5% (For Women): I was using this mostly on my temples where I had somewhat bald-ish spots and this really helped regrow the hair in that area. 

8. Beauty of Joseon Glow Serum: This was a really nice hydrating serum that gave my skin a nice radiance and smooth texture. 

9. Ardell Professional Studio Effects Lashes in Wispies: I really love these lashes because they're on the softer, more natural side but they still add a bit of length and volume.

10. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer: This was a really nice basic primer with a lightweight, thin, lotion texture. It did get to smelling a bit funky toward the end of me having it so I am glad to have used this up.

11. Greenleaf Dahlia & White Musk Candle: This candle had quite a powerful scent. While it was nice, in my opinion it's a bit too intense and powdery for me personally.

12. Dove summer care grapefruit & lemon balm body wash: This is a nice smelling body wash and I love its scent a lot. I use this to shave, as I do with my other Dove washes. That said, I think that it aggravates my eczema due to its strong scent so I'll be switching to the sensitive version when I run out of the rest of these.

13. Powder Puff from the Palladio Rice Powder: Since I've stopped using my sponge to apply powder, I'm using up my powder puffs. I have to say that this puff was disappointing in the sense that, after two weeks, the backing of it came right off. That being said, it did an ok job of getting powder onto my face and under my eyes. I wish I had more precision with it though. 

14. AOA Studio Mochi Teardrop Blender: I find these difficult to thoroughly wash as they seem to really want to hang onto foundation/potentially absorb a lot of foundation as they're being used. Additionally, this one started ripping and falling apart as I washed it to the point where I really didn't like using the sponge and would resist having to wash it. 

15. Bisous De Provence Lavender with Flowers Triple Milled Soap: I really enjoyed using this soap and recommend it to anyone who enjoys lavender. It smells lovely, foams up nicely, and does a great job of cleansing the skin without drying it out.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Greenleaf candle

No comments:

Post a Comment