Thursday, September 21, 2023

Sleeping Mask Review: TIAM Snail & Azulene Sleeping Mask

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the TIAM Snail & Azulene Sleeping Mask.

Availability: This product retails anywhere from  $12-$20 for 80 mL (2.70 fl. oz.) and can be purchased at yesstyle.com, amazon.com, stylekorean.com, and stylevana.com.

Would I buy this again? I'm not sure.

What it is formulated to do:
According to yesstyle.com:
This overnight mask contains snail secretion filtrate and panthenol, which strengthens the skin barrier and boosts skin elasticity for plump and youthful-looking skin. It also contains guaiazulene to deliver soothing care.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Snail Secretion Filtrate (81.5%): Has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties.
Sunflower Seed Oil: Has hydrating and antioxidant properties.
Betaine: Has hydrating properties.
Arginine: Has antioxidant properties.
Allantoin: Has hydrating properties; helps treat flaky, scaly skin.
Hyaluronic Acid: Helps skin retain moisture.
Panthenol: Has hydrating properties.
Sodium Guaiazulene Sulfonate: Has anti-inflammatory properties.
Matricaria Flower Oil: Has astringent, healing, and skin-protecting properties. 

What is the texture like?
I would describe the texture of this as very reminiscent of slime - yes the tactile toy that's made out of glue. It's very liquidy and sticky.

Is it scented?
To me, this has a faint, pumpkin-like scent. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Honestly, with the texture of this being what it is, a tiny bit of this goes a VERY LONG way across the face. Otherwise you end up with a sticky mess that never quite absorbs. I find this to be extremely hydrating and purchased it because I've had very good luck with snail and azulene products in the past and my main concerns are dryness and inflammation, so this is perfect as it tackles both. I don't love its texture but I do find that it provides a really nice boost of hydration to my skin.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment