Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Toner Review: Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner

Availability: This product retails at $14 for 236 ml (8 fl. oz.) and is available at mariobadescu.com, sephora.com, ulta.com, bluemercury.com, macys.com, jcpenney.com, and nordstrom.com along with their physical locations. 

Would I buy this?: No.

What is this product designed to address?
According to sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does:
What it is: A witch hazel- and rose-infused astringent formulated to help restore clarity and radiance to skin post-cleanse.
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, and Combination
Skincare Concerns: Dryness
Formulation: Liquid
Ingredient Callouts: Free of formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, sulfates SLS & SLES, triclocarban, triclosan. This product is also gluten-free and cruelty-free.
What Else You Need to Know: This mild, alcohol-free toner removes surface impurities without leaving skin feeling stripped. Aloe vera replenishes with soothing hydration, while a blend of black rose, rosewater, and rose oil helps provide an antioxidant boost that leaves skin fresh-faced and rejuvenated.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Again, according to sephora.com:
Highlighted Ingredients:
- Witch Hazel: Cleanses and clarifies.
- Rose Oil: Moisturizes and replenishes.
- Rosewater: Hydrates and provides a rejuvenated appearance.

What is the texture like?
I'd describe the texture as being liquid-y, like a water. 

Is it scented?
This has a very true rose scent. 

My overall experience/comments on the product:
This toner leaves my skin feeling very soft and silky, kind of like a rose petal. I love the way it smells but personally I prefer toners with a thicker consistency that add a bit more hydration. This worked alright and felt refreshing but I just didn't love it the way I was hoping to. I mean frankly I was hoping to like the way it works because I like the way it smells but alas.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention this product on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment