Friday, May 14, 2021

ColourPop that's Taupe Pressed Powder Palette Review

Today I bring to you the ColourPop that's Taupe Pressed Powder Palette

AvailabilityThis is exclusive to colourpop.com and ulta.com (along with some of their physical store locations, I'd advise calling your local store to make sure they have it) where it retails at $14 for 9 eyeshadows (1.10 g / 0.04 oz. each). 
Would I buy this again? I'm not sure
NotesHonestly I didn't have my eye on this at all but my wife brought up that she wanted it so in ordering one for her, I decided to pick one up for myself as well given that, if anything, matte taupes work well as brow colors for me.
Boa is described as a matte pale rosy taupe, I'd say it's a very light, pale taupe shade.
Pebble Beach is described as a matte medium chocolate taupe, I'd say this is a very warm, almost mustard-y yellow taupe. 
Python is described as a matte true taupe, I'd say it's a mid-tone rosy taupe.
Slated is described as a ultra metallic icy taupe with shimmering silver flecks, I'd say this is a sheer silvery base with silver-white micro-glitter.
Snake Eyes is described as a metallic mid-tone rosy taupe, I'd agree with that description and add that this has flecks of silver micro-glitter.
Cold Blooded is described as a metallic silver taupe, I'd say this is a satiny silver taupe with silver micro-glitter flecks.
Rock Steady is described as a matte deepened taupe, I'd agree with their description - this is a good brow shade contender for me. I love this shade for the brows and it's what I have on in my tutorial for this palette.
Constrictor is described as a metallic taupe-y bronze cool toned dark brown, I'd say it's a metallic taupe with a gold pearl and silver micro-glitter flecks. This shade really drew me in and I don't really love it just swatched. I might like it better on the eyes (I haven't worn this on the eyes as of the time I'm writing this blog).
Bedrock is described as a  matte dark brown, I'd say agree and say this has a kiss of taupe to it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI bought this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment