Thursday, October 3, 2019

September 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D



Sheet Masks Galore:
innisfree my real squeeze mask in pomegranate: This is a yummy smelling mask that left my skin smooth and hydrated.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in bamboo: This mask left my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated. 
innisfree my real squeeze mask in broccoli: This left my skin feeling soft and smooth.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in tea tree: This left my skin feeling refreshed and with a  nice clarity but I find that it's a bit drying.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in lime: I wasn't expecting much from this because I thought, given that it's lime, it might be drying but I found that my skin was left feeling soft and smooth. Plus this smells really yummy.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in green tea: This left my skin feeling soft, smooth, silky, and refreshed. 
innisfree my real squeeze mask in aloe: This is a really nicely hydrating and soothing mask. It left my skin feeling soft and refreshed.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in cucumber: This also left my skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed. It hydrates very lightly which I enjoy.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in honey x2: I feel like I was expecting a more intense honey scent from these - they hydrate lightly and leave my skin feeling soft.

2. NARS Audacious Lipstick: Frankly I mislabeled these sample packets and I'm unsure what shade I had but this is an orange-y red. It's pretty and wore very comfortably. 

3Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent Body Wash: As I've said many times I tend to get these at BJs because you get 3 big bottles which last about a month each (my mom and I share) and work great as a substitute for shaving cream. This leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. My only beef with it is that I feel it doesn't hydrate as well as many of the others in the same line but its scent is fantastic - floral, fruity, and sweet.

4. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray: A cult favorite that I find... just ok. I like that it adds texture and definition to my hair but I genuinely think the salt here either dries my hair out or causes it to be dry and not retain moisture well. Either way I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase it.

5. Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50: In theory I really wanted to love this product but in practice... not so much. It's somewhat heavier than expected from a setting spray and it has this odd rosemary herbal scent that I'm not a fan of.

6Osea Atmosphere Protection Cream: This is a nice, lightweight moisturizer that provides great hydration without being heavy. It also has a nice lightweight, fresh, sea-breeze type scent.

7. m-61 Powerglow Peel x2As you folks know, I really like these peel pads, they gently help resurface and exfoliate the skin resulting in a really nice glow. Normally when I don't get much sleep my skin looks dull, dehydrated, kinda crusty even but this makes me look wide awake and fresh.

8. Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer: This has a really beautiful subtle glow that makes skin look dewy and does a great job keeping makeup on throughout the day.

9. fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum: This has the most delicious scent and texture - it gives my skin a pretty glow.

10. too cool for school Marshmallow Puff: This is a nice makeup sponge but I find it kind of firm - in the sense that I can't use it wet because it doesn't retain water. It does a good job of blending and I like that it has a pointy end to get into hard-to-reach spaces.

11Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish: This is a very pretty Tiffany blue polish but unfortunately mine is getting dry and goopy.

12. dermalogica AGE smart multivitamin power firm: Ironically nowhere in the name of this product do you gather that it's an eye cream until/unless you read the directions. I found this to be nicely hydrating and smoothing - it has a bit of a berry scent which I find odd given that it's a product designed for the eye area - like why is there scent?

13. fresh Rose Floral Toner: This is a nice, lightly hydrating toner with a floral rose scent.

14. Sol Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream: This stuff smells absolutely delicious and does a nice job of hydrating the body. I use it as a body butter more so than a firming product because I don't really feel it doing much in the firming department.

15. Bawdy x Sephora Flaunt It Butt Sheet Mask: Alright friends I bought this as somewhat of a gag gift... for myself, partially because I felt guilty just asking for my birthday gift without making any kind of purchase. Firstly I feel like, although I managed on my own, it's probably for the best to do this as a partner activity... for best results... or on your own but I mean like ON. YOUR. OWN. so you can let your tush hang free - unless your friends don't mind that. Anywho, ya girl had put her pants over this and left a delightful wet mark upon my friend's couch. It didn't stain. On the actual tush - this has a noticeable firming and softening effect. My booty felt refreshed. It's fun - I would recommend it for funsies.

16. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Moroccan Rose: I feel like I constantly say this in every empties post but these scrubs are my favorite - they feel really abrasive and scrubby - which I personally like for the body. They're also sugar-based which means that they'll hydrate the skin and won't irritate the skin if you shave. This has a nice sweet rose scent.

17. REN Clean Skincare Moroccan Rose Otto Body Lotion: I'd say that this worked alright, it was nicely hydrating but nothing extraordinary to write home about - as always, not hydrating enough for the soles of my feet. I also found that the fragrance was somewhat plastic-y which is odd given that it's natural fragrance.

18. Garnier Fructis Style Flexible Control Hairspray: This is my favorite hairspray because it keeps frizz away but keeps your style manageable and touchable.

19. LUSH Santa's Belly Shower Jelly: This is a nice, very hydrating shower soap product. I'd say toward the end of its use it became a mess as the jelly fell apart. They suggest you take the entire chunk of jelly and lather it up - which I did upon my loofah.... which I felt caused the jelly to deteriorate with time. I think this would probably work best with either a washcloth or by pinching off a small chunk of jelly and working it into a loofah.

20. Supergoop! Superscreen Daily Moisturizer SPF 40: I really enjoyed this stuff but unfortunately it smells off.

21. Fresh Sugar Ruby Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: Unfortunately like the product above, this smells really off.

22. Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gel: This has a really nice, clean light floral scent.

23. LA MER The Regenerating Serum: I'm not perfectly clear what this serum is meant to accomplish outside of being anti-aging - given I don't have any super noticeable signs of aging I can't really pinpoint to it having results in that aspect. That said, I found this to be hydrating in a lightweight manner which I really enjoyed.

24. Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Citrus Pure-Castile Soap: This has a really nice citrusy scent. I use it pretty much exclusively for washing my brushes and I find that it does a really good job of getting them clean and keeping the bristles soft.

25. Pampers Sensitive Wipes: I use these to wipe down surfaces and my makeup collection. I find they work fairly well for all that.

26. Darphin Predermine Sculpting Night Cream: I found this to be a nicely hydrating night cream that felt fairly lightweight and had a bit of a skin-tightening feeling.

27. Revive Moisturizing Renewal Cream SPF 15: This moisturizer is so wonderfully lightweight while being hydrating. I love how well it sinks into my skin and that, although it contains SPF, it isn't sticky or heavy.

28. Darphin Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum: This was a very lightweight, watery serum. Unfortunately I can't say it did much to get rid of my redness or even to soothe my skin. I wanted to love it but it was kind of a miss for me.

29. Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub with Vitamin C & Mint: This is a mint-scented very abrasive feeling scrub. It's not so abrasive that I was in pain but I definitely found it to be a bit rough on my skin. I can see why this would be marketed more toward men specifically because this would help more with things like buffing around areas where facial hair grows to help avoid flaky skin and ingrown hairs. I think it could work as body scrub for the ladies tho.

30. Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light: I felt like this gave a very light boost of hydration to my hair. I also appreciate that the scent on this treatment is less intense as well as I don't really like the scent of the Moroccanoil products.

31. Natura Bisse C+C Vitamin Eye: Given how hydrating the face cream for this line is I found the eye product being a gel rather... disappointing. It worked alright but I was hoping for more hydration.

32. Osea Blemish Balm: This is a really lightweight moisturizer - I really liked it for hot, humid days but overall it's not hydrating enough for me personally. My skin is dry so I wasn't expecting much but I was breaking out a lot in August so this was helpful.

33. Osea Advanced Protection Cream: I find the cream a bit too heavy for my personal tastes. I think I'd like it better in the dead of winter when my skin is wind-chapped but overall the consistency is too rich for my skin.

34Tokyomilk Dark No 83 Bittersweet: Overall I find this scent to be more of a winter scent given it's heady, gourmand nature. It's sweet yet also musky which gives it a nice complexity but given that it is heady and I typically lean toward lighter scents I'm glad to be done with it.

35. m-61 JetGlow Serum: I'm not sure what it is that m-61 uses for its glycolic acid but I find that it doesn't aggravate my skin or cause me to break out nearly as much as many other glycolic products. This kept my skin soft and smooth while providing a bit of radiance. Overall though I still prefer using Vitamin C to create a radiant glow versus glylcolic acid because my skin is sensitive and tends to be less irritated by Vitamin C.

36. Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen with Sunflower Extract SPF 50: I really liked this sunscreen because I found it gives my skin a nice boost of hydration without feeling heavy, especially given its high SPF level.

37Revive Masque de Radiance: Overall I find this product somewhat gimmicky in that the mask itself has a metallic gold shimmer through it. Like... is it the shimmer giving the skin radiance or is it the mask itself? That said, it does leave my skin feeling very soft and smooth.

38. wet n wild Rose Addiction Photo Focus 3-in-1 Primer Water: This smells so wonderful - like rose tea. Yummy! I'm so sad to see it ended. I found that it kept my makeup in place nicely throughout the day - I used this as both a primer and a setting spray.

39. Garnier Whole Blends Oat Milk Delicacy Gentle Shampoo: (not pictured) This is a relatively gentle shampoo that's lightweight and leaves the hair feeling soft and hydrated. I say relatively because it contains sulfates so... there's that. Overall my mom used this a lot more than I did (twice, because I have other shampoo on rotation) and she liked it a lot.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Bumble & Bumble, Supergoop, fresh, Osea, m-61, Laura Mercier, dermalogica, Sol Janeiro,  REN, Molton Brown, LA MER, Daprhin, Revive, Jack Black, Moroccanoil   and  Natura Bisse  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment