Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Juvia's Place The Tribe Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that, while it was released in spring is VERY fall appropriate given its warm, orange-y tones with hints of green - it really evokes the feeling of the Indian Summer and the leaves changing.


Availability: The currently retails at $20 at ulta.com along with its physical store locations or juviasplace.com for 9 shades.
Would I buy this again?: Possibly.
Notes:   This is pretty fair to say across the board for all the Juvia's Place palettes I've tried -  EVERY. SINGLE. SHADOW. is buttery, smooth, pigmented, easy to blend, plays well with the rest of the shadows in the palette and doesn't need to be used wet to get good color payoff. I'm very highly impressed with the quality given its price point. Although the shipping at juviasplace.com can, occasionally, be quite slow (about a week or two) they have sales quite frequently so you can snag a great deal on the palettes. I highly recommend giving them a try!
Maasai is described as a matte light lime yellow. I'd say it's a lime-y yellow-green.
Oromo is described as a matte orange. This is a matte orange with a warm, yellow undertone.

Tutsi is described as a matte dark lime green. I'd say this is a matte lime-skin or grassy type of green. 
Koro is described as a  shimmer gold with green undertones. I'd say this is a shimmery white champagne with a flash of green pearl. This color is gorgeous and makes a fun highlighter.
Chaga is described as a bronze shimmer with gold reflects. I'd say this is a beautiful (!!!!) warm bronze with golden micro-glitter.
Kuba is described as a dark emerald green with green reflects. I'd say this is a shimmery black with an emerald pearl and emerald green as well as silver micro-glitter flecks.
Ashanti is described as a matte tawny brownI'd  say this is a  greenish brown which, under the wrong circumstance can look a bit vomit or poop-like but can be nice paired with the more warm shimmery tones here.
Kurla is described as a shimmery rusty orange.  I'd say this is a gorgeous warm reddish orange. 
San is described as a matte seaweed green. I'd say this is a deep matte emerald. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment