Thursday, August 1, 2019

July 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
Sheet Masks Galore:
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Mango: I really like these sheet masks - they leave my skin feeling very soft and smooth plus they smell like Yakult (this one like Yakult + mango) which I personally really enjoy.
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Strawberry: I don't find that this produces a different result versus the other scents. 
A'Pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask: Although I reviewed this back in the wintertime and said it wasn't much to write home about I did find it better for the summertime - it was nicely refreshing whilst still providing nice hydration. I like that it smells like pineapple juice. That said I honestly can't say that I'd go out of my way to purchase it.
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Banana Milk: I always find this mask funky because it genuinely smells like a banana milkshake. That said it leaves my skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Can't really complain there.
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in White Milk: My skin felt so tired and dehydrated before I used this and although I didn't get much sleep into the next day my manager commented that my skin looked really smooth and glowing which is big - usually my skin looks and feels like a prune if I don't get enough sleep. Although this has a bit of a powdery scent which I'm not a giant fan of I find the result so nice that I'm willing to deal with the funky scent.
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Green Tea Milk: This mask also left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. My only complaint with it is that it smells like green tea and milk, I'm not sure why but I was expecting more of a matcha milk scent. I think that would've made the experience a bit more pleasant. 
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Coconut Milk: I found this mask somewhat disappointing because it doesn't smell like coconuts or coconut milk in any sense. It's richly hydrating.
TONYMOLY I'm Lotus Mask Sheet: I found this mask to be nicely hydrating.
Trader Joe's Rich Hydrating Face Mask: While I will say that the "rich hydrating" claim on this isn't entirely true - it's pretty average for hydration and has a clear serum to it; these masks work fairly well. Especially because there's a Trader Joe's by where I work so if I'm in a pinch and out of my Korean ones I can go pick this up.
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Chocolate Milk: This was another one I found disappointing because of its scent - which isn't very chocolaty. It did a nice job hydrating my face.
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Coffee Milk: Quite possibly my favorite of the milk sheet mask collection because it smells like milky coffee and does a beautiful job hydrating my skin while also giving me a nice radiance.
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Plain: To be honest I feel like I was expecting a lot because I liked the other masks I tried in the yogurt line so much but this one was just ok and wasn't as hydrating as the rest.

2. Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream RichDespite it being called "rich" I find that the texture of this isn't heavy or thick - it hydrates my skin beautifully and absorbs quickly without leaving behind a thick residue.

3Victoria's Secret Love Spell: I feel like I went through this so quickly once I started using it religiously. I think it's a nice somewhat sweet, somewhat sour scent.

4. Curel Ultra Healing Intensive Lotion for Extra-Dry, Tight Skin: Unfortunately I didn't find this to work well at all. I think its only benefit is not having a scent. The texture is very Vaseline/petroleum jelly- like which coats the skin but doesn't really absorb. I find that textures like this one don't work well for my skin in terms of hydration because they never absorb and thereby just sit on top of the skin. I really wanted this to work, especially for my dry feet, but alas.

5. Trader Joe's Mango Tangerine Scented Candle: I'm so sad to have burned through this candle as it smells absolutely delicious. A beautiful sweet yet citrusy scent.

6Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum: I really enjoyed this serum because as its name claims it is richly moisturizing whilst having a lightweight, watery texture. A little goes a long way with this stuff and I would certainly be open to purchasing a full size of it.

7. m-61 SuperSoothe E Microdermabrasion ScrubI found this to be heavier on the microdermabrasion than the "supersoothe" function. Overall it's ok but I feel like I've strayed from gritty microdermabrasion style scrubs so initially this felt very rough on my skin. I also don't love the unscented property of this - although I know it's great for sensitive skin this just smells funky and could've benefited from some sort of scent being added.

8. Formula X For Sephora Latte Run Cupcakes and Cashmere Nail Color: I'm so sad to be discarding this nail polish because I love its color and the way it wears. Unfortunately it's gotten really thick and goopy so I have to say goodbye.

9. Darphin Lumiere Essentielle Radiance & Hydration Illuminating Oil Gel-CreamThe name of this is a mouthful and I was expecting the texture to be like an oil gel. Not so - this is more of a typical cream moisturizer and on my skin it was just ok. It hydrated nicely but I think it's pricey for a moisturizer that's just ok.

10.Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Lychee & Plum: As you folks know. I simply adore these body scrubs because they're super scrubby and leave my skin feeling soft, smooth, and ready to be shaved. This one has a nice, sweet, fruity scent.

11skinfix Eczema+ Targeted Body Balm: I feel like the reformulation of this has caused it to have a thinner texture than it once did which is fine given that it's still a thick, hydrating balm. I swear by this stuff to get rid of stubborn eczema patches - it won't make them go away super quick but it does tend to soothe and hydrate the area until the patch does finally leave. In a sense this promotes healing of the affected areas and I love that it's gentle.

12. Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover: I am convinced that is by far the best nail polish remover on the market for the fingernails and I am so salty that they've discontinued it. It really got rid of nail polish quickly and effectively, even things like glitter and textured polishes came off fairly easily.

13. Beauty 360 Prep & Set Resurface Ridge-Filling Base Coat: Frankly I'm kind of glad to have this done with because I don't think it did much to "resurface" the nails. Because I work on shipment/cardboard a lot my nails tend to peel and I was hoping this would perhaps take care of the issue - not so.

14. NailsInc Gel Effect Top Coat: I found that although this gave the nails a gel-like finish that it didn't really do much in the way of prolonging the wear of my nail polishes.

15. Eyemazing Produced by Jun Komori Lashes in 101 x2: These are a cute fluttery, wispy style lash but they're very natural-looking and not as intense as I personally like.

16. R+Co High Dive Moisture + Shine Creme: I did find this to be more hydrating in relation to the Waterfall that I used last month. If your hair needs a boost of hydration without being weighed down I highly recommend this.

17. R+Co Acid Wash ACV Cleansing Rinse: I used this mostly in hopes that it would help with my dandruff - unfortunately it didn't. That said it did leave my hair very soft and shiny. I also found that it didn't really strip color off my hair when I had it dyed - I was concerned that the acid might be stripping.

18. Oribe Run-Through Detangling Primer: Frankly I can't speak to how well this does as an actual detangler because with my hair being as thin as it is, it doesn't really tangle unless I don't brush it for a few days. That said this did add a nice hydration to my hair.

19. Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Scent Body Wash: As I've said many times I tend to get these at BJs because you get 3 big bottles which last about a month each (my mom and I share) and work great as a substitute for shaving cream. This leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated.

20. HUM Daily Cleanse Dietary Supplement: Because I only took these for three days I'm not going to lie - I didn't really feel much of a difference. Things like this usually take about a month to show any effects and such samples will usually tell you if you can take the supplement as directed without having allergies or digestive issues.

21. Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Silky Creme Lipstick in Nu Prefere: This is a really pretty pinkish nude.

22. Lash Star Visionary Lash Adhesive: This is a fairly basic brush-on lash glue. I think it works pretty well.

23. Colourpop Liquid Liner in Numero Uno: I feel like I would've liked this a lot better if the applicator was a brush tip rather than felt. I just feel like the felt tugs around my lash line area and is irritating.

24. Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Forget Me Not: I purchased this to use as a blush and I really enjoyed it, it gave my cheeks a nice glow-y pop of pink. My favorite thing about the super shock cheek products is that they work beautifully over powders without getting cakey or developing a funky texture.

25. Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder: I really liked this setting powder - I find that the slight hint of shimmer in it gives the skin a beautiful glow without being too shimmery or crazy looking. I wish this came in a pressed version.

26. Skinceuticals Resveratrol B E: Given that I don't have any significant signs of aging I really can't say how well this works in that aspect. I did find it to be fairly hydrating.

27. wet n wild Shell Ivory photo focus Stick Foundation: I really liked this foundation - it gave me good coverage and was easy to work with. My only issue with it is how much product is left in the stick portion after you're "done" - I scraped as much as I could of it with a beauty spatula and while its a fairly inexpensive product I still don't like being wasteful.

28. Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil: I have to say that this left me really disappointed because typically I like squalane and vitamin c and rose things so I was very excited to find a product that contained it all. I'm unsure why it did literally nothing for my skin outside of hydrating as one might expect from an oil but that's it. No extra radiance, no wonderful rose scent, no redness reduction and texture improvement... sadness. This is the priciest squalane oil product that I've tried and I'm sad to report that it's not great.

29.  Body Boom Coffee Scrub in Active Charcoal: I really liked this scrub - I found it to be really grainy and invigorating both in its scrubbing abilities but also in its yummy coffee scent.

30. wet n wild photo focus Concealer in Fair Beige: I feel like this is a tried and true for me because it does a nice job of providing good coverage and being easily blendable. That said I think I prefer the Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer a bit more.

31.Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40: This is a nice gel/silicone textured SPF that's completely invisible. It kind of feels like a primer and makeup goes over it really nicely. I personally prefer more of a cream texture but this was nice in the sense that it didn't feel particularly heavy on my skin.

32. Oribe Moisture & Control Deep Treatment Masque: This is a nice, rich hydrating mask for the hair. I was concerned that like other Oribe items I've tried that this would weigh my hair down but I haven't found that to be the case.

33. Clairol Natural Instincts Color Treat Conditioner: I always love these conditioners that come with boxed hair dye because they're extra thick and hydrating - more like a hair mask than a traditional conditioner.

34Formula X for Sephora Xplosives - Chaotic: This has just gotten goopy and won't apply evenly.

35. JulieG Nail Color in My Private Palace: This is a beautiful white gold but unfortunately it didn't wear well on me and the formula is separating in the bottle. I think it's time to say goodbye.

36. Secret Key Lemon Sparkling Peeling Gel: This is more the scrub texture I've been used to lately but this particular one is odd in the sense that it's almost a cream gel. I found that it doesn't work as effectively as other peel-off products I've tried and I'm wonder if that's because it's kind of creamy.

37. Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier for Women: This is a fun, fruity, sweet perfume. Partially I'm sad that it's gone because I liked the scent but partially I'm glad because I had a coworker who I wasn't a fan of that liked using this so it reminds me of her a bit.

38. Misc Hand Sanitizer: My mom gave me this and it smelled nice so... there's that.

39. Molton Brown Vetiver & Grapefruit Bath Shower Gel: I have no idea how I managed to use this up because I don't like its scent at all. It smells kind of cologne-y and just... musky and weird.

40. Glamglow Flashmud Brightening Treatment: I'm so sad to see this go - it smells nice and leaves my skin soft, smooth, and exfoliated.

41.  GlamGlow GravityMud Firming Treatment:  I find that, more than anything, this mask leaves my skin feeling hydrated. It firms ever so slightly and smells nice too. I like that despite being a peel-off that it's soft and not painful to remove.

42. L'Oreal Purify & Unclog 3 Pure Sugars + Kiwi Pure-Sugar Scrub: I really enjoyed this face scrub because of how gentle it is whilst also leaving the skin feeling well-scrubbed. It has a nice soft kiwi scent as well.

43. CVS Tangerine Scent Advanced Formula Hand Sanitizer: I'm genuinely unsure what makes this formula "advanced" but this hand sanitizer smells really nice.

44.  Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Silky Creme Lipstick in L'Orange: This is a really pretty bright pinky orange - I really enjoyed this color with my blue hair and think it's really lovely for the summertime.

45. Hourglass Caution Mascara: Although this mascara promises a lot of volume I found it to be just ok - it left my lashes looking very soft and natural which was nice but isn't my personal preference.

46. Essie Romper Room: I am so sad to toss this nail polish - it's such a lovely soft, clean color but unfortunately my bottle has gotten all thick and goopy.

47. Dr. Barbara Sturm Brightening Serum: I'll be honest - I was expecting more radiance from this serum. It was lightly hydrating but I wasn't blown away by it.

48. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Herbs and Rosewater: This is a nice, refreshing, hydrating spray with a rose scent. I really like the scent but no one is surprised there.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the A'pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet, Dr. Barbara Sturm, Curel, Klairs, Darphin, m61, R+Co, Oribe, HUM, Laura Mercier, Skinceuticals, Biossance, Secret Key, Misc Hand Sanitizer, Molton Brown, Mario Badescu and  Hourglass products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment