Friday, July 8, 2016

Mask Review: GLAMGLOW GRAVITYMUD Firming Treatment

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for GLAMGLOW GRAVITYMUD Firming Treatment
Availability: This product retails at $25 for 0.5 oz (15g),  $60 for 1.7 oz (50g), or at $86 for 3.5 oz (100g) and is available at sephora.com, lordandtaylor.com, nordstrom.com and dillards.com and  as well as their respective physical store locations in addition to glamglow.com, dermstore.com, and paulaschoice.com.

Would I buy this again?: Possibly... kind of pricey though.

What is this product designed to address?
According sephora.com this is what the product is and what it does:
Which skin type is it good for? 
✔ Normal 
✔ Oily 
✔ Combination 
✔ Dry 
What it is: 
An instant firming and tightening, silver peel-off treatment with a convenient brush for application. 
Solutions for: 
- Loss of firmness and elasticity 
- Fine lines and wrinkles 
If you want to know more… 
GRAVITYMUD™ Firming Treatment is an innovative mask that changes color from white to a brilliant chrome—peeling off to leave the skin with a tighter and more lifted appearance. Its mega-targeted ingredients work together to help the skin’s contours appear firmer and more defined. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT: 
- Parabens 
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 
Research results: 
In a consumer test on 151 people after 2x weekly usage: 
- 92% agreed that skin feels immediately firmer 
- 91% agreed skin feels immediately tighter and more toned

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to the lovely sephora.com:
-Vizitight (with a Firming Matrix, Marine Algae Plasma, and Biodefine Polymers): Helps provide instantly tighter-feeling skin. 
-Teaoxi Complex (with Licorice and Marshmallow Leaf): Helps skin look and feel firmer. 
-Lunarlift: Boosted with soy isoflavone liposome red algae extract, it helps skin feel tighter and more toned. 
-Cosmiplexion (with Icelandic Kelp, Hyaluronic Acid, and Mineral-Rich Glacial Clay). Helps skin feel younger and more resilient.

What is the texture like?
This has a very liquidy texture that dries to a soft, easy-to-peel-off film.

Is it scented?
This smells a bit like a pina colada or a tropical fruit cocktail... I ain't mad at it.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
I don't know how to explain what this product does for my skin because normally a product that uses the word "firm" doesn't have a difference on my skin at all and that's because my skin doesn't particularly suffer a loss of elasticity. However, it feels more firm when I remove this mask in a way that's not harsh. I guess I associate the word "firm" with the word "tight" like... if you pull in your stomach muscles and feel that tightening sensation, that's what I think of as "firming" and this just... kind of makes my face feel less puffy like... a de-bloat of the face. I dig it. The film is super easy to remove (but please peel it off, don't try rinsing it off that's a pain in the butt and ends up taking a long time to remove) and doesn't hurt or peel of layers of skin when it comes off which I appreciate, super gentle. My skin is left feeling super soft and glowing. I dig this stuff.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: This was provided for testing purposes. I am under no obligation to mention it here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment