Monday, August 5, 2019

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: Violet Voss Pro Eyeshadows Holy Grail Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. 

These are the looks I created this month:


























































So as you can see I created a bunch of romantic rosy looks. Now if you know me you'd know that I don't naturally lean towards red tones on the eye area and I'm genuinely unsure why because I really like the way the end up looking. This palette is definitely a keeper - the shades here are pigmented, and easy to blend; the palette offers a good variety of shades for every day to smoky and colorful looks and them being in a gradient makes this a welcoming palette for beauty noobies to practice their blending skills. I like its versatility in being able to create softer or more dramatic options. I also love that the burgundies in this palette show up red on me, for whatever reason (possibly because of the pink in my skin) they tend to pull brown very often. I also think this palette is a fantastic entry point into trying more reds or berry-toned shades without committing to a fully red palette as there are so many nice neutrals here to pair the berries with. I'm unsure how best to describe the looks I've created this month but they all felt quite "clean" - meaning they were refined-looking, blended well, people were complimenting my eye looks left and right. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment