Sunday, May 14, 2023

Cleanser Review: Kose softymo Washing Foam Hyaluronic Acid

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Kose softymo Washing Foam Hyaluronic Acid.

AvailabilityThis retails anywhere from $6.50 - $20 for 150g and can be purchased at amazon.com, stylevana.com, yesstyle.com, tesolife.com, yamibuy.com, and japanwithlovestore.com.

Would I buy this again?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?

According to yesstyle.com:
New soy milk ferment solution lathers into non-drying creamy foam that gently cleanses pores of sebum and dirt, leaving bare skin feeling soft and supple.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin: Attracts moisture to the skin. 
Stearic Acid: Helps shield the skin's barrier from moisture loss.
Lactobacillus/Soybean Extract Ferment Filtrate: Helps strengthen skin's barrier.
Hyaluronic Acid: Helps with skin elasticity and helps skin retain moisture.
Silk Powder: Has hydrating and soothing properties.

What is the texture like?
This has my beloved cushiony hydrating cleanser texture that creates a thick, fluffy, hydrating foam in contact with water. It's not as thick as I personally love but it's a nice basic cleanser. 
Just a note, kose softymo has a line of "cleansing" foams in the same line - those have a gel texture to them versus being a cream like the "washing" foams.

Is it scented?
This doesn't have a discernible scent.
 
My overall experience/comments on the product:
I said in my review of the Kose softymo Washing Foam Collagen that these cleansers remind me a bit of the SENKA Perfect Whip Collagen in Perfect Face Cleansing Foam. I personally prefer the SENKA Perfect Whip Collagen in Perfect Face Cleansing Foam because I find it slightly more hydrating. In comparison to the Kose softymo Washing Foam Collagen, I would say that this is slightly more hydrating but there isn't a significant difference between the two. I would say that they are a texture that I like and, for some reason, on the US market, cleansers with this type of texture tend to have a much loftier price tag hence me purchasing Korean and Japanese ones that I can typically snag for under $10 - $15. That being said, I prefer something that produces a bit more of a thicker, more hydrating foam. There is a ceramide washing foam in the line that I would like to try after I finish this one, because I think it might be more hydrating overall, but I think I'll be trying other cleansers from that point onwards.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment