Tuesday, May 2, 2023

April 2023 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in April :) 
1. ColourPop Mini Me Blush Stix: I have added this into the rotation since I finished my last cream blush and I have been loving this so much! It goes onto the skin beautifully, even over a powder, and looks very smooth. I also really love the coral shade of this, I find it flatters my skin tone nicely.

2. Bitter Lace Beauty Coral Cove Highlighter: Mine, unfortunately, broke and that's why you're seeing a sandwich bag in the above photograph. I have been absolutely adoring this highlight because it's such a beautiful glowy off-white peachy gold but also with a pink shift and golden glitter bits. It's an intense highlight and I just love the way it reflects light on my cheeks.  

3. Tokyo Revengers: Ok it's been a very hot minute since I brought up a show on here BUT it's also been a hot minute since I've genuinely enjoyed an anime and wasn't watching some random crap isekai. While Tokyo Revengers is largely about a group of hoodlums and is therefore filled with loads of what most would call senseless violence, it's also filled with a lot of wholesome friendships amongst (we can only assume) heterosexual men that want to come off like tough guys but have feelings and emotions too. The beauty of Tokyo Revengers for me is its depiction of masculinity, especially in teenage boys, as complex rather than giving all these hoodlums an "alpha" male personality. It's also beautifully lacking in what I would call anime bullshit - common but unnecessary tropes in anime that I genuinely want to say no one asked for, and if they did... why? Things like characters randomly having crushes on their relatives or harems that are there for the sake of having a harem but the characters literally do nothing that would actually take place within a real harem so having it be there is kind of pointless. In any case, I've watched both the first and second seasons and really enjoyed the show a lot, I'm looking forward to when season 3 comes out.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: The ColourPop blush was a birthday gift from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment