Monday, August 1, 2022

July 2022 Empties

  All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Maui Moisture Thicken & Restore + Bamboo Fibers Conditioner: While I can't say that this conditioner gave my considerably noticeable thickening effects, I did find that it provided my hair with a nice, lightweight hydration that left my hair feeling soft and silky.

2. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Rose: This scrub has a delicious rose scent that's, in my opinion, a bit more on the herbaceous side and not super sweet but it's still a nice rose scent. The scrub has a good grit to it that provides me with that intense exfoliation that I like and although it has a bunch of oils in it, it doesn't feel greasy, leave behind a residue, or have you slipping and sliding all over your bathtub or shower floor.

3. Essie Passport To Happiness: I am absolutely heartbroken to say goodbye to this nail polish because, as some of you who've been following this blog for some time may know, it has made it to several favorites and I just love wearing it. That being said, it's become really thick and goopy to the point where I struggle to get it to apply to the nails in a smooth, nice-looking way.

4. Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner: This is my favorite liquid eyeliner at the drugstore. I find that it's very easy to use and get good precision with this. It deposits a good amount of color but it's also easy to go over without ruining the work you've done or having it pull on your eyes. I've already replenished this. 

5Duo Brush-On Adhesive with Vitamins: This is my go-to lash glue. It works to my satisfaction in terms of getting falsies onto my eyes and keeping them on there throughout the day. 

6. Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes: I remember absolutely loving this mascara when I first purchased it but I felt like it was alright when I used it now. I'm unsure if it's just that my tube of it is old or I'm just used to the effect of false lashes. 

7. now 100% pure peppermint essential oil: Honestly I've had to use this aggressively lately because allegedly vermin doesn't like the scent of mint so I've been sprinkling it all over the apartment to keep the creepies away. 

8. Colourpop just a tint lip Crayon in Chimichanga: I feel like I say this every time I run out of one of these balms but I AM SO SAD to have run out of it! It was such a pleasure to use and has such a lovely, silky texture and gives my lips a nice hint of color. I'm down to my last one of these and I'll be sad when they're all gone.

9. wet n wild Rose Addiction Photo Focus 3-in-1 Primer Water: While I do have a backup of this ready to go, I'm still sad to have run out because I just love this spray. It really helps my makeup stay put all day, works great as a medium to apply eyeshadow wet, and smells delicious.  

10. narciso rodriguez fleur musc for her: I really enjoyed this perfume while I had it. This has a nice floral bouquet to it that's rounded out by musky and slightly powdery notes. 

11. berkley jensen unscented baby wipes: As I've said in previous empties, I really like to use these to wipe down countertops, to wipe swatches off my hands/arms, and to clean my makeup collection.

12. SHIMA of Navajoland Blue Canyon Soap: This soap smelled really nice but unfortunately because of the way it happened to break apart and melt it only lasted me a week and a half. 

13. Trader Joe's Oatmeal & Honey Soap: As we all know I absolutely adore this soap so much! It's hydrating and gentle, fantastic if you have eczema or any other type of inflammatory skin condition. It foams up beautifully as well.  

14. Winsome Lash 3D Faux Mink lashes in Cloudless x2: Honestly, as is the case with many faux mink lashes, these have a thick lash band that just doesn't want to stay on my lash line. I feel like I have to fight with them to get them to stay put on my eyelids.

15. Dr Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Citrus: This is by far my favorite in the collection! It has this sweet, bright, orange citrus scent that is delicious. I love how scrubby this scrub is, it helps me wake up in the morning.

16. inm Out the Door Topcoat for Nails: This is a great topcoat that sets the nails quickly and has a shiny, gel-like finish to it. Unfortunately my bottle has gotten goopy and stringy so it's that time to discard it.

17. Dove renewing body wash: This body wash smells so delicious and leaves my skin feeling clean. As always, I really like to use my Dove body washes specifically for shaving and this leaves my skin feeling very silky smooth post-shave.

18. L'oreal Excellence Creme Conditioning Treatment: For whatever reason my mom doesn't use these after she dyes her hair so I end up using them instead. This leaves my hair feeling very soft, silky, and smooth. It gives my hair a nice shine.

19. COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence: While I cannot say that this had any anti-aging benefits for me, given that I *knock on wood* don't have too many signs of aging at this point, it left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. This toner provides a nice hydration boost to my skin as well.

20. Korres Lilac Hyacinth Renewing Body Cleanser: This is a nice, lightly hydrating, foaming body wash with a beautiful lilac scent. 

21. COVERGIRL + OLAY Simply Ageless Foundation: This is a nice, natural-looking foundation. I feel like I personally prefer something with just a slightly higher coverage and more dewy finish. In addition, I felt like I ran through this fairly quickly. I'm glad I got to try it out but I probably won't be picking it up again.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the narciso rodriguez, COVERGIRL, and L'Oreal products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment