Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Fragrance Review: narciso rodriguez fleur musc for her

Today I will be reviewing narciso rodriguez fleur musc for her.

Availability: This can be purchased at macys.com, bloomingdales.com, and nordstrom.com along with their physical store locations. The retail pricing is $103 for 1.7 fl. oz. or at $131 for 3.3 fl. oz.
Would I buy this?: I'm not sure.
NotesTo quote from fragrantica.com: 
Top Notes: Pink Pepper
Mid Notes: Rose, Musk, Peony
Base Notes: Patchouli, Violet, Amber
Smelling it straight out of the bottle, it smells like an amber-y rose. It's almost like a "grandma" scent due to the patchouli but the florals here keep it fresh. 
Freshly applied, I get what I'd describe as a patchouli violet. Now I love violet scents but I hate patchouli so it comes off as powdery and almost... mildew-y.  As the scent dries down the rose especially as well as the peony start to make an appearance. Honestly I think the patchouli in here takes away from what is otherwise a great fragrance. Overall I think it smells nice and the florals in here - rose, peony, violet - are all floral scents that I love but they're also all what I would describe as soft notes that are easy to overpower by something as acrid as patchouli and overall I feel like, even though the patchouli tends to back away as the scent dries down, its absence would not be missed. 
In terms of wear, I had this on for just around 8 hours and I get a very faint, rose note.

Disclaimer: This was given to me as a birthday gift. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment