Wednesday, June 1, 2022

May 2022 Empties

All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P

1. Dove restoring coconut & cocoa butters body wash: This body wash smells like a coconut cookie and is extremely hydrating without making the shower/tub a slip and slide. I loved this as a shaving cream substitute in particular because it's more hydrating than the other Dove scent variations and leaves my skin feeling extremely silky post-shave.

2. Odacite Mood Cleansing Ayurvedic Bath Soak: Overall I found this to be a nice soak and used it to soak my feet in when I gave myself pedicures. That being said, the scent is too herbaceous for my persona taste. 

3. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG: This works nicely to depuff and refresh the under-eye area while giving it a very gentle boost of hydration.

4. the Crème shop 3D Faux Mink Lashes in Boujee: I loved these lashes so much! They bent to my eye shape nicely and are fairly easy to work with for a faux mink lash, in my opinion. Plus they looked beautiful on and had a nice, eye-opening effect. 

5.  Dr. Teal's  Shea Sugar Scrub in Citrus: I really loved this scrub. It has a very nice, scrubby texture to it without being greasy so you don't have to worry about slipping and falling in the shower which is obviously an anxiety-inducing, non-fun activity. If you like sweet citrus scents I think you'd love this! it smells so good without being cloying. In my personal opinion, it's a great scent to wake me up in the morning. 

6. REN Clean Screen SPF 30: I'm unsure if it's because my product has aged but, honestly, this felt absolutely awful on my skin. I felt like I had this very heavy cream sitting on my face but it would dry to this matte finish that left my skin feeling tight yet somehow also wet and sweaty. It was quite bizarre and due to the heavy feeling of it I was very turned off.

7. Virtue Curl Shampoo: I feel like this shampoo lasted me forever! This foams up beautifully and leaves my hair feeling clean while, in my opinion, helping to increase how curly my hair was and helping the curl pattern look neat and pretty.

8. MAC Oil Control Lotion: I've held onto this longer than I'd like to admit and kept it around because it smelled fine. It no longer smells fine and smells quite foul to be honest. I am discarding it.

9. the Crème shop 3D Faux Mink Lashes in Crème de la Crème: Frankly, I had high expectations for these lashes because the Boujee pair I talked about above worked so well. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with these. They are beautiful in the packaging but their bands are thick and don't bend to my eye shape so I was constantly fighting with them to glue onto my eyes and not to pop off either at the corners or leave a gap in the center. They look beautiful on but the application process is generally disappointing and I won't be getting them again. 

10. Korres Elasti-Smooth Body Butter in Cashmere Rose: This body butter smells amazing, lasted for quite some time, and leaves my skin feeling super nourished and hydrated. It even did a pretty decent job on the soles of my feet, which is a rare find. I'm so sad that it has come to an end as I thoroughly enjoyed using this while I had it.

11. Layered Fragrance Body Spray in Rose Muscat: I'm absolutely shook I went through this as fast as I did because I usually don't go through fragrances quickly and I used less of this than my typical perfumes because it's so potent. This literally smells like Moscato wine with just a hint of rose which, while I enjoyed it, I probably won't be repurchasing just because the scent is so intense.

12. Ivon Cuticle Pusher: I purchased a three pack of these because my cuticles were starting to look raggedy and they do a really nice job of getting rid of the dead skin but I feel like they're not as invasive as literal cuticle nippers and are easier to use.

13. Shiseido Prepare Eyebrow Razor L Shaped: To be honest I use these mostly on my upper lip and to quickly trim any hair that wants to hang around my face and be unsightly. They do a great job but the blade on this has become dull over time.

14. e.l.f. Cosmetics Total Face Sponge: I really enjoyed using this sponge because it doesn't absorb as much product as other ones tend to do. That aspect makes it easier to blend out product with this sponge, create a fuller coverage, and it's also easier to wash the sponge. It seems like a lot of people enjoy using it from what I hear on Youtube and, in my opinion, it's definitely worth checking out.

15. Dr. Teal's Shea Sugar Scrub in Black Elderberry: I have really enjoyed these scrubs! Because they're a sugar scrub, they have a great level of grit but they're not greasy so you won't be slipping and sliding all over your shower floor or tub grasping at the walls for dear life. This particular one has a nice sweet-tart berry scent to it.

16. Rock Creek Soaps Loofah Soap in Sweet Sunshine: This technically has a pineapple and mint scent, although honestly it just smells of pineapple juice to me and I'm not mad about it. This smells absolutely delicious and was a joy to use back in March when it was cold because its scent makes me think of summertime. It's still a joy to use and I'm shocked that this piece of soap lasted a good three months. It does a wonderful job of lightly exfoliating the body by having the loofah as part of the soap, smells amazing (as I've said), and leaves my skin feeling super soft and smooth. I really loved having it!

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Odacite, Rock Creek Soaps, and REN  products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment