Monday, September 2, 2013

Moisturizer Review: MAC Oil Control Lotion

Hello folksickles. Today's review will be for MAC Oil Control Lotion
Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again?: Yes
What is this product designed to address?
According to maccosmetics.com this is what the product is and what it does:
The ultimate no-shine base for oil control. Natural exfoliants help improve texture and clarity. Lightweight and instantly matte, bonds makeup to the skin for fewer touch-ups. Oil-free hydration with natural colloidal minerals and antioxidants. Formulated to keep skin pH-balanced. Use day or night.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Unfortunately I threw the box from this away and the website doesn't list the ingredients in the product so I can't really speak to any beneficial ingredients this may contain. I apologize. So outside of the colloidal minerals and antioxidants mentioned above I'm not too sure.

What is the texture like?
This is incredibly lightweight and refreshing when applied. It feels moisturizing but in a way that doesn't weigh the skin down at all. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. 

Is it scented?
The scent of this is difficult for me to describe. It's kind of a light soapy floral(?) scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Firstly, this is the perfect summertime moisturizer for me. I've tried others and really like this best because of how it feels when it goes on. It's like a splash of water but it moisturizes, albeit lightly. I like pairing it with two drops of face oil. It still feels lightweight that way but is a more moisturizing concoction. It does a good job of keeping the oil at bay also. I don't get particularly greasy or shiny when I use it. Overall it feels really nice and gets the job done without irritating my skin. I love it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment