Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sugarpill Cold Chemistry Collection Palette Review

Um so folks... here is the palette we've been anticipating for a YEAR now. Cold Chemistry :D A beautiful fall-appropriate smoky goodness of a palette featuring signature charcoal and two lovely bursts of color along with a white. Are you excited? I know I am!
Let us first take a look at the exterior packaging:
The mirror is pretty and edgy looking but not particularly functional... I'd rather use another one as I'm applying my makeup. 
Availability: This palette and all the shadow shades have been discontinued. 
Notes: Alright so... this palette was made in collaboration with Amy's friend Amelia Arsenic. It's a bit different in its aesthetic - darker, sultrier, deeper. The rest of the colors we've seen so far in Sugarpill have all been bright and cheery and this is almost like its dark side. On top of that, we've seen a lot of mattes and satins in the pressed shadow formulations whereas all four shades in this palette are pearlized. They're beautiful. However, I wish it contained a matte highlight because the white in it is too intensely pearlized to work well with the other three colors as a brow-bone highlight unless you like a very sparkly brow-bone.

Ok, ok, enough chatter, lemme show you the colors!
Soot & Stars is a rich blackened charcoal (it looks more charcoal-ish when blended out or used with a fluffy brush but darker if packed on) with noticeable silver pearl. It also contains pink and turquoise pearl which isn't so visible.
Diamond Eyes is a very pearly intense white with a hint of a pink - I like it as a highlight for the inner corner but imagine it'd be nice on the lid or below the eye as well.
Elemental Chaos is my favorite color in the palette - which should surprise you because you know how I love my teals. It's a beautiful deep, dark, blue-based violet purple with a blue shift. Have you noticed a trend of me just buying and buying these types of colors this year? Love 'em with brown eyes.
Subterranean is a blackened green-based teal with turquoise pearl. I wish it had more blue in it. Le sigh. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments :)

Disclaimer: I bought this using my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment