Saturday, February 1, 2020

January 2020 Empties

Hello and welcome to the first empties of the year - of the decade! All my monthly trash on display for you to see. :P
Sheet Masks Galore:
innisfree Skin Clinic Mask in Collagen: I found this mask to be really hydrating - it left my skin very soft and smooth with a nice bounciness.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Pomegranate: A really nice, lightly hydrating mask. 
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Rose: This mask  left my skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Manuka Honey: As with many honey masks I wish this smelled more like honey - it smells floral. It left my skin feeling hydrated and smooth.
innisfree Skin Clinic Mask in Vita C: A nice lightly soothing, hydrating mask that left my skin looking bright and radiant .
innisfree Skin Clinic Mask in Betaine: This mask left m skin with increased clarity and reduced redness - it was lightly hydrating as well. 
Holler and Glow Money Honey: These are really nice lightly hydrating, brightening, and de-puffing under-eye gels.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Fig: This is a nice lightly refreshing, hydrating mask.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Green Tea: This mask left my skin feeling really refreshed while giving it a beautiful glow and nice clarity.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Cucumber: This was a really nice, refreshing-feeling mask that gave me light hydration.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in in Aloe: This is a nice soothing, hydrating mask.
miss spa quench facial sheet mask: This mask was a bit thicker than I'm used to but it was super hydrating as its name suggests, which was really fantastic because I was recovering from being sick and needed the extra hydration
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in Acai: Probably my favorite innisfree mask, super hydrating without being heavy.
innisfree Skin Clinic Mask in Panthenol: Another super hydrating mask. Again, not complaining because my skin really needed the extra TLC.
innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask in  Bamboo: This mask was nice and lightly hydrating.
Mizon Joyful Time Essence Mask in Rose: This mask  left my skin feeling hydrated and refreshed.

2. m-61 PowerGlow Peel Gradual Tan x4: I'm going to be real with you all, I have no intention of tanning my face with this stuff, I'm more looking for it to give me a glow. Hence I will be using a pad maybe one or two times a week only. I really don't love the way these smell, kind of reminds me of coconut that's been  infused in acetone... not the nicest scent at all. These don't give me a "glow"; unfortunately, they make me look jaundiced. Owing to the fact that I am using them kind of infrequently, the color doesn't last but the day after I use these my skin itself, like, radiance-wise looks nice, but color-wise looks an off-orange. :/

3 Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in  Coconut Lime: I don't think that, after all this time, it's necessary for me to sing my praises to this product anymore but I love these scrubs so much - they're super scrubby but don't leave your tub all slippery and gross.

4. wet n wild Rose Addiction Photo Focus 3-in-1 Primer Water: I'm so sad that this is gone - given how quickly I went through it (about a month, maybe a little less) - it smells nice and really keeps my makeup on while making my skin look radiant.

5. Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance and Shine: Admittedly I liked this a lot less last year when I first tried it because Oribe products are quite rich and normally are a bit too heavy for my super fine hair. However, given that my hair has been recently subjected to bleach and is parched it can now handle heavier, more hydrating products. This left my hair looking shiny and healthy. 

6Volcano Black Soap 100% Pure Olive Oil Soap with Volcanic Lava: My bestie brought this for me from Greece and I used it as a facial cleanser. It's really nice and left my skin feeling soft without any kind of heavy residue. Unfortunately I had a tiny chunk of it left and said chunk fell in the restroom once and disappeared into the abyss so while I never used it up 100% it is now gone.

7. Pampers Wipes: As I've mentioned previously, I like to use these wipes to wipe down my makeup and just for every day dust removal because they're gentle and are a nice level of moist without being overkill.

8.  Bumble and bumble Super Rich Conditioner x2: This is a very hydrating conditioner that, as the name implies, gives good hydration but didn't weigh down my hair. As I mentioned previously, due to the bleached conditioner of my hair I've needed a little extra TLC and this does the job nicely.

9. Bumble and bumble Gentle Shampoo x2: This is a nice basic shampoo which, as the name implies (again! :P) is gentle on the hair. It left my hair feeling clean and soft.

10. Sephora Collection Pro Tapered Crease Brush #19: Unfortunately this brush has shed and, in doing so, has lost most of its former shape and density.

11. fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer: This moisturizer felt really nice on the skin; it's hydrating without being overly heavy.

12. Bumble and bumble Don't Blow it Fine (H)air Styler x2: So, to be frank, I nearly always air-dry my hair and all the styling creams I use, regardless of whether they're meant to be used with heat, are given review and evaluation by yours truly on how well they work with air-drying. All that said, this is a nice, lightly hydrating, styling cream that smooths out my hair and reduces frizziness. I wouldn't say it's any better than other styling creams I've used though.

13. dermalogica biolumin-c eye serum: This is a vitamin C enriched eye serum that, to be honest, feels like a very lightweight cream. I really like the texture on this and that it hydrates gently while also brightening the under-eye.

14. Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask Wash Off: I will say that out of the Black Sugar Mask Wash Off series from Skinfood this is definitely the most gentle of the bunch. The honey in here also leaves the skin feeling really hydrated. That said, I feel like my skin is too sensitive for the sugar particles because they're too abrasive- at least my facial skin is and these are kind of pricey to use as body scrubs.

15. Lune + Aster Formidable Lengthening Mascara: This is a nice lengthening mascara that leaves the lashes mostly clump free (I brush through them regardless) and is a build-able, lightweight formula that gives you a natural look. I think it works fine but I'm not blown away with it.

16. Sugarpill Trinket Lip Color: I am SO SAD to let this go especially because it's in the original packaging with the beautiful mermaid (which I'd keep if it wasn't super chipped-looking) but unfortunately the formula's pretty dried out at this point. The lipstick is a beautiful pinky mauve with golden sparkles.

17. L'Oreal Paris Flash Cat Eye by Infallible in Black: This comes with a weird stencil that I just... didn't use - I held it up to my eye because for a hot second I thought ok maybe... but nah. The shape just wasn't the kind of cat-eye that I do. Stencil aside, this is a brush-tip pen eyeliner that, personally, I found pretty to use - at least initially. I prefer brush to felt-tips because I feel like the brush hugs the lash-line better and doesn't tug as much. Like I said, initially this went on easy and gave me beautiful smooth lines but over time I found that it kind of bled a tiny bit and on one occasion the base came apart from the handle and I had to snap it back on... I'm unsure what that whole debacle was about but it was quite messy and the pen was never quite the same since. :/

18. Callas Clear Eyelash Adhesive: One of my makeup artist friends was super raving about how great this was and I was very excited to give it a try but  I find this to be pretty on-par with brush-on lash glue. It gets the job done but I don't find it any better than the other ones that I've used.

19. Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil: Oh how many praises have I sung to my very beloved squalane oil. It leaves my skin feeling like butter and reduces redness. I absolutely adore it.

20. LASHFOOD Conditioning Collagen Lash Primer: This was a nice primer - mascara went over it very smoothly, it didn't make my mascara look gray or weird, and it enhanced what the mascara was supposed to do. In addition, I did notice a change in lash length and growth when I was using this - it really does work and I recommend giving it a go if your lashes are short or sparse.

21. Innisfree brightening & pore-caring sleep mask: I would say this mask is just ok - it feels really refreshing when applied but I prefer sleeping masks with a more hydrating consistency. I didn't feel as though it did anything special in regards to making my pores smaller.

22. Bumble and bumble Curl Butter Masque: I found this mask to be very hydrating but I don't find that it enhances my curls in particular or makes my hair any curlier than it would normally be.

23. que bella professional intensive foot mask: This mask smelled really nice and left my feet feeling super soft and smooth.

24. Dove Winter Care Nourishing Body Wash: This really came in handy for several reasons - because it's getting colder, and therefore drier, this does a wonderful job of being a moisturizing alternative to a shave gel - which is mainly what I used it for. 

25. NARS Audacious Lipstick: Unfortunately the names of the lipsticks rubbed off so I'm unsure what color this was exactly but it's a very pretty red that went on in a nice, silky fashion and stayed put on my lips for about 4 hours without much fading.

26.Odacite Ba+S Baobab Sarsaparilla Eye Contour Serum Concentrate: I love this stuff because it's super hydrating, which makes the under-eye area look more "plump" - I mean this in the sense of fine lines, but it also helps to reduce under-eye puffiness and brightens.

27. The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel: My wife gave this to me last Christmas and it smells absolutely heavenly. I'm sad that I'm done with this just because I love that nice citrusy scent it's got.

28. Bath & Body Works Island Margarita Scented Candle: I really love the way this candle smells - exactly like a margarita. It's super yummy, sweet, and refreshing.

29. Molton Brown Bath & Shower Gel in Suede Orris: This has a very faint, slightly powder cologne-y scent too it that's not too noticeable. I find these work alright for shower gels but are very pricey for what they are.

30. Bath & Body Works Grapefruit Breeze Body Cream: This was a very yummy smelling body cream. I wish Bath & Body Works would bring its grapefruit scents back because I really like them.

31. Oribe Cote d'Azur Restorative Body Creme: This stuff smells so good! I wish I had a larger tube because it's so nice but alas. Clearly I like the way it smells but given its high price point I'm highly unlikely to invest in this.

32. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Pear & Chia Seed:  Another one! I really like the way this one smells sweet and refreshing.

33. Now Essential Oils 100% Lemon: A really nicely scented, bright, crisp, lemony essential oil. I use mine mostly for my diffuser and every once in a while as a throat rinse when I'm sick(wherein I mix about 10-15 drops of it in with a cup of hot water and gargle). I find it works pretty great.

34Skinceuticals Phyto +: I thought it was for redness but I was told it wasn't entirely. It's a botanical blend + exfoliation, hence the +.  So according to their site, it's more for discoloration, which other than redness I don't really have. I haven't seen much of a difference in my skin since using this stuff.

35. By Terry Baume de Rose La Creme Mains Hand Cream: This is a beautiful rose-scented hand cream, I used it on my body mostly because I've got a load of hand creams and am trying to use them up. I really love the way it smells.

36. JulieG Bubble Bath Nail Color: Unfortunately this polish has gotten thick and goopy. As such I will have to throw it away/

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Holler and Glow, Indie Lee,m-61, dermalogica, Oribe, fresh, Volcano Black Soap, Bumble and bumble, Lune + Aster, LASHFOOD, que bella, NARS, Odacite, Molton Brown, Skinceuticals, Mizon, By Terry,  and The Body Shop products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment