Saturday, February 29, 2020

Foundation Review: Dior 1CR Forever Skin Glow

Today's review is for the Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation in 1CR







AvailabilityThis is retails at just around $52 for 30 mL (1 fl. oz.) and can be purchased at sephora.com, macys.com, nordstrom.com, bloomingdales.com along with their respective physical store locations along with dior.com.

Would I buy this? No.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Let's quote from sephora.com, shall we?
What it is: A medium-to-full-coverage foundation that remains flawless for up to 24 hours, in a radiant finish with SPF 35.
Coverage: Medium
Finish: Radiant
Formulation: Liquid
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
SPF: SPF 35
What Else You Need to Know: The iconic, long-wearing Forever foundation, now in a radiant finish, creates a complexion that appears flawless and even, with tighter-looking pores. From morning to night, the skin-perfecting formula delivers a naturally-vibrant, shine-free glow. The skin is protected against exterior aggressors, including UVA and UVB rays with SPF 35 broad spectrum sunscreen. This foundation is also available in a velvet-matte finish.
Clinical Results: In a test on 55 women:
- 84% found their complexion fresh and natural
- 80% found that the product was gentle on the skin, leaving it smooth and supple

Does this come in any other shade than the one pictured above?
This comes in 24 shades.

What's the coverage/consistency like?
I would say this has a medium-full, very buildable coverage with a natural-looking finish.

Does this have any beneficial ingredients in it?
According to sephora.com:
- Pansy Extract Hydration Booster: Helps protect the skin from drying, leaving it soothed, and looking smoother and more radiant.
- Rose Hip Extract: The star ingredient of Dior Forever, helps protect skin from external aggressors and reduce the appearance of pores.

Other than the botanical extracts listed above:
Glycerin which is a humectant and draws moisture in from the environment
Octinoxate 3%, Titanium Dioxide 1.75% as sunscreen

Is this scented?
This has a faint floral scent.

What has my experience with the product been like?
Pros:
-Consistency is really smooth, easy to blend and apply
-Lightweight
-Good coverage
- Natural finish looks like skin, not makeup
Cons:
- shade is a bit too dark for me - it also appears that the shade range/names have been altered so if I wanted to replenish I'm really unsure what shade to get.
I'm going to start by saying that Influenster sent this to me last year and I'm unsure if I got something that was part of a prototype batch because the colors on sephora.com aren't undertone coded like this one is - I'd assume CR stood for "cool red" whereas the ones on sephora.com are simply 0-9 with half numbers included. I will say I received a lot of compliments on my skin when wearing this foundation but overall I'm not moved enough by its quality to think that it's worth its hefty price tag. Perhaps if I had a shade that better matched my skin I'd have a different opinion.

What do I use to apply the product?
I apply this with  my Crown brush beauty blender knockoff.

I feel as though this review is pretty thorough but please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: This was sent to me for testing purposes. I am under no obligation, nor am I receiving compensation, to mention it on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment