Saturday, May 4, 2024

April 2024 Departures

Ok folksickles. Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.

1. Juvia's Place The Warrior Palette:  If I'm honest I think this is a very beautiful palette and the quality of the eyeshadows themselves is fantastic. However, I feel like in my mind this palette was more neutral and less gold. In playing with it, I find that there isn't as much variety from one color to the next as I would've liked because they all have this golden undertone. I feel like this would be beautiful on someone with a darker, warmer skin-tone than myself or perhaps someone with blue or green eyes. I just didn't love it on myself. Additionally, I don't love how there are three mattes in this palette with only two that could technically be used in the crease - both are fairly dark, so unless I wanted a smoky eye every time, I found that this didn't work the best as a standalone for me personally. 

Disclaimer: My wife purchase the Juvia's Place palette for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment