Thursday, May 9, 2024

Exfoliator Review: Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Scrub

Queen Helene Oatmeal 'n Honey Scrub

Availability: This retails anywhere from $5 - $13 for a 6 oz (170g) tube and is available at drugstores and beauty supply stores that carry Queen Helene, you can also purchase this at amazon.com. 

Would I buy this again? Probably not.

What is this product? What is it supposed to do?
Unfortunately I am unable to find an official website for this product so, according to the tube itself: This wholesome facial scrub helps smooth away impurities and removes dead, dry skin cells. Infused with soothing Oatmeal and Honey, it helps nourish skin and prevent future moisture loss. After use, skin is refreshed and smooth with a healthy complexion.

Does this contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Walnut Shell Powder: Gently removes oil and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. 
Stearic Acid: Has skin smoothing and softening properties.
Glycerin: Helps attract moisture to the skin's surface.
Kaolin and Oat Kernel Meal: Have oil absorbing, exfoliating, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Honey: Has hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.

What is the texture like?
This has a creamy texture to it that is full of the walnut shell powder. 

Is this scented?
This has a sweet, nutty, cloying scent to it. 

What has my experience with the product been like?
Honestly, I really like the texture of this scrub wherein I find it abrasive enough to give me a good exfoliation and leave my skin soft but mild enough where it feels gentle and doesn't hurt or irritate my skin. Overall my issue with it is the scent, it smells really intense and almost artificial. The scent really tends to linger on my skin as well. I will most likely use this up because I can tolerate it but I won't be purchasing this again. 

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment