Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Departures - August 2019

Ok folksickles. Departure blogs will contain items that aren't empties but that are going to be given away for one reason or another. I'm working hard to curate my makeup collection and want it to include only the products that I think truly work well, that I reach for often and do what they're supposed to do.




1.Holika Holika Neon Beam Nails in 04 Momo Pink: This is such a pretty bright pinky coral nail polish and as much as I love the color I have to pass it along because it chipped off my nails terribly.

2.Chaos Makeup Frost Highlighter: My personal issue with this is that it's too dark of a highlight for my skin-tone; at least for my personal liking and I own silver eyeshadow which I gravitate more towards. Overall the quality is good and this stayed on all day but I will be passing it along.

3.Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense: Because I don't really have dark spots to speak of I will be passing this along.

4.bh Cosmetics Take Me Back to Brazil Rio Edition Palette Review: Frankly this is a hard one to part with and my wife having gotten it for me just makes it all the harder - I think the shades in here are fairly pigmented and easy to blend and I was able to create loads of beautiful looks with the palette. Ultimately I will be passing it on because I just know that I won't reach for it very often.

5. REN Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask: I feel like this mask is too heavy on my face.

6.Benefit Hoola Bronzer: I find that this is a nice, natural-looking bronzer but compared to the other ones I own it just doesn't stay put as well.

7. wet n wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Red Red: This is a really pretty red but it's a hint cooler-toned versus the other red I own and I'm totally fine with having just one red so I will be passing this along.

8. Bad Habit Retro Love Palette: Unfortunately when it comes to this palette I only like the shimmer tones, the mattes are ok but a bit chalky to work with and honestly I just don't see myself reaching for it that often.

9.Tarte Paaarty Amazonian Clay Blush: Although this is a pretty neutral blush and it stayed on me I just found the color kind of meh on me and will be passing it along.

10. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in Ibiza: This is a gel-alternative polish - formula-wise I found this wore pretty decently for a week with minimal wear around the tips of the nails. That said this color is just not doing it for me.

Disclaimer: The only product that I did purchase myself of the ones above was the Holika Holika; the Chaos Beauty item was provided as a gift with purchase, the tarte was a Sephora birthday gift,  and the Skinceuticals was a sample -  the rest were provided by the brands for testing or given to me as holiday gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment