Sunday, September 1, 2019

August 2019 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
Sheet Masks Galore:
A'Pieu Milk One Pack in Coffee Milk x2: Quite possibly my favorite of the milk sheet mask collection because it smells like milky coffee and does a beautiful job hydrating my skin while also giving me a nice radiance.
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Plain: To be honest I feel like I was expecting a lot because I liked the other masks I tried in the yogurt line so much but this one was just ok and wasn't as hydrating as the rest.
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Apple: This was nicely apple-scented and left my skin feeling soft and smooth.
A'Pieu Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle Blueberry: This also left my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated while having a yummy blueberry Yakult scent.
Benton Snail Bee High Content Mask Pack: I felt like I used to LOVE this mask so I decided to pick it up again to see how I felt and it was just kind of meh for me now. It definitely gave my skin a nice radiance and had my skin feeling soft and smooth but I just feel like it's not hydrating enough. I prefer more of a jelly/hyaluronic acid type serum feel or a milky serum versus more watery serums and this is definitely on the watery end.
The Face Shop Avocado Face Mask: This is a really hydrating sheet mask that left my skin smooth and silky. 
Innisfree my real squeeze mask in ginseng: Honestly I wasn't expecting to like this mask as ginseng masks I've used in the past had an unwelcoming scent but this came in a set I ordered and made my skin feel very soft and supple afterwards without having any particularly discernible fragrance. I really enjoyed it.
Etude House Cherry Blossom Mask: I really loved this mask - it has a lovely light cherry blossom scent and left my skin feeling very smooth and buttery soft.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in coconut: I found this to be a very hydrating mask with a light coconut scent.
The Face Shop Real Nature Olive Face Mask: Do we all remember a time when I'd buy olive and avocado masks because I just couldn't decide what I preferred? Well we're back on that and frankly I love both.
The Face Shop Real Nature Pomegranate Face Mask : A nice, yummy smelling, smoothing face mask.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in Shea butter: An extremely hydrating mask that left my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in rose: Not only does this mask smell yummy but it left my skin feeling soft and buttery smooth. I absolutely adore it.
innisfree my real squeeze mask in pomegranate: This is a yummy smelling mask that left my skin smooth and hydrated.

2. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Charcoal Black Sugar: As you all know I simply adore these body scrubs because they're super scrubby and leave my skin feeling soft, smooth, and ready to be shaved. That said while the scrubby feel of this was the same as any other, it has this weird black licorice scent that I'm really not a fan of. I did use it all up but I wouldn't get this scent again. 

3. Laura Mercier Body & Bath Crème Body Wash in Ambre Vanille: Ugh this stuff smells so wonderful. I will say that the Ambre Vanille line, in my humble opinion, is more of a winter scent just because it's heady and intense but also very cozy. This body wash smells fantastic and leaves my skin feeling soft. That said it its scent doesn't really linger on the skin unless you layer it with other products in the same scent line.

4. Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent Body Wash: As I've said many times I tend to get these at BJs because you get 3 big bottles which last about a month each (my mom and I share) and work great as a substitute for shaving cream. This leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated. My only beef with it is that I feel it doesn't hydrate as well as many of the others in the same line but its scent is fantastic - floral, fruity, and sweet.

5. Youth to the People Maqui + Acai Prickly Pear Goji Superberry Hydrate and Glow Oil: Ugh I am so sad that this oil has been all used up. It gave me a beautiful radiance and really smoothed out the texture and tone of my skin as well.

6dermalogica calm water gel: As its name implies, this has a watery gel texture yet it leaves my skin feeling very hydrated. I love this texture for a product because while my skin is dry, it refuses to absorb heavy products so gel creams are just absolutely phenomenal for me.

7. Dr. Barbara Sturm Anti-Pollution DropsThese felt really hydrating, as a hyaluronic acid (which it contains) serum might, but I can't really say if they helped with being "anti-pollution" - that kind of situation would take years to show a difference in terms of anti-aging/prevention of signs of aging. This also contains probiotics which help with redness and soothe the skin.

8. Bath & Body Works Wildflower Meadow Scented Candle: I'm so sad for this to be gone - it's got a nice, soft, fresh clean yet floral scent which is reminiscent of the first hints of spring.

9. Eyemazing Produced by Jun Komori Lashes in 101: These are a cute fluttery, wispy style lash but they're very natural-looking and not as intense as I personally like.

10. fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Face Cream: This is a really nice lightweight yet hydrating nightly face cream. I was actually pleasantly surprised that this smells like a tropical fruit salad - kind of papaya-mango - I was expecting it to smell like cucumbers the way the day cream does.

11fresh Lotus Youth Persevere Face Cream: This one does have a cucumber-y scent. Texture-wise I'd say it's more lightweight versus the night cream but I hesitate to describe either as "heavy." It left my skin feeling soft and smooth.

12. Walgreens Ultra Moisturizing Hydrocortisone Cream with Vitamins A, D, and E: I developed this gross rash on my armpits from a deodorant I had tried that then developed into a heat rash as the temperatures increased in my neck of the woods and this really helped in keeping both the rash and the itchiness under control.

13. GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment: While I found this to be a nice tingly mud mask that didn't dry out my skin I also felt that, while it drew oil out of my skin that it didn't necessarily shrink my pores or keep me from breaking out.

14. Everyday Minerals Jojoba Base in Rosy Fair: This is a really nice mineral foundation that I personally used as more of a setting powder for my liquid foundation. I like that this is lightweight and adds a little extra coverage while making my skin look soft and smooth. It doesn't emphasize texture or dry my skin out.

15. Eau Thermale Avene Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum: I know in the past that I didn't love this serum because I felt that it wasn't hydrating enough but I used it in combination with the Indie Lee Daily Vitamin Infusion and I really liked that a lot. I found that it boosted my skin's hydration and radiance without being heavy.

16. Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes: Now in my reviews I usually will tell you that I like to use these folks to wipe down surfaces and to wipe my makeup compacts and palettes with because they're nontoxic. Well today I bring you an unconventional review for this blog when it comes to these. Fun fact - we're currently out of toilet tissue at work so we are using regular face tissues instead - my manager brings in these wipes - I guess to make the process of wiping easier. Except that OMFG THIS EFFING BURNED - if you have a sensitive tush DO NOT try to use these for cleansing purposes. The pain was momentarily crippling - please do not make the same mistake I did and if you are using these on a baby and the  baby gets fussy or cries let me tell you it's because this is probably BURNING the poor baby's behind and you should probably use the remainder to wipe surfaces like I do versus wiping the baby.

17. Indie Lee Daily Vitamin Infusion: Frankly I can't tell if I like this or if it's making me break out. I actually liked the texture of it when I would mix it in with serum and I felt that, because of the squalane, this made my skin feel soft and buttery. Unfortunately I have been breaking out regularly since I've been using it. :/ I think I'd rather get pure squalane.

18. fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum: This has the most delicious scent and texture - I really loved the sample and would like to get more.

19. Natura Bisse C+C Vitamin Cream x2: I remember trying a sample of this last year and really loving it so when we received samples I figured I'd take some more. It's kind of thicker than I remembered it being and while I like the cream and its scent I feel like it's pricey.

20. Natura Bisse Diamond Cocoon Sheer Cream: While this is formulated as a daily moisturizer I'm not a giant fan of this having a tint - overall it was too thick for my liking but I found the tint VERY sheer - surprisingly although looking dark it works on my skin-tone - and I liked the glow and evening of the skin-tone I got with it. Overall I just prefer something more lightweight and un-tinted as my daily moisturizer.

21. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: I don't think this bears repeating - you folks know by now that I love this and will probably always keep buying it. Smells delicious, scrubs real good, not pricey.

22. Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Collection in Gaia: These are a beautiful big fluttery lash but unfortunately I wasn't a giant fan of having to fight with the lash band to get these to stick onto my eyes.

23. Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Silky Creme Lipstick in Rouge Ultime: This is an absolutely beautiful blue-toned cherry red. Very classic looking.

24. Rahua Hydration Conditioner: This left my hair feeling very soft and silky which I appreciated because it's gone through a lot in being colored blue.

25. Rahua Hydration Shampoo: This is a really nice, deeply hydrating shampoo that left my hair feeling silky but not weighed down. It (and the matching conditioner) smell delicious which is ironic given that I personally think everything else in the line smells super funky in a bad way.

26. Neogen Joan Night Vita Cream: This is a nice, lightweight gel-cream that left my skin feeling hydrated and has a subtle lavender fragrance.

27. Oribe Moisture & Control Deep Treatment Mask: This mask is fantastic in that it leaves my hair feeling very soft, hydrated, and silky without weighing it down. Being color treated and bleached, my hair can take all the help it can get in the hydration department.

28. Laura Mercier Body & Bath Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Cream: As always, I'm sad to see this go because it smells absolutely delicious and has a scent that gets on my clothes and lasts - I mean this in a good way because I love it a lot.

29Neogen Joan Day Vita Cream: This is a nice, lightweight moisturizer.

30. Natura Bisse Essential Shock Intense Complex: This is allegedly a firming serum - I found that it hydrated really nice but because I only had a sample packet and I don't really need firming I didn't see much of a difference.

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Youth to the People, dermalogica, fresh, Eau Thermal Avene, Natura Bisse, Rahua, Neogen, and Oribe products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment