Monday, September 2, 2019

August 2019 Favorites

Hey folksickles,
Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of August  :) 

1. Celeb  Luxury Viral Shampoo and Conditioner in Extreme Teal:  Y'all probably don't know this but my hairdresser friend gave me teal highlights on pride weekend (end of June) - because ya girl didn't take any selfies for this blog - but she suggested I purchase these two to keep up the hair color and so that I didn't worry about not washing my hair. Especially this being the summertime and my scalp getting sweaty and my hair being thin AF it would be gross to not wash my hair often - I typically wash every other day. This has been really incredible in keeping the teal looking fresh - every time I used these (about once a week, sometimes I'll co-wash with the conditioner if I've gone swimming) my hair looks as though its been freshly dyed. While pricey these are absolutely worth it if your shade of unconventional hair color comes in the line. Now in terms of how these work as shampoo and conditioner - the shampoo is great at making my hair feel clean; the conditioner... I suppose because it's got the bond builder in it - leaves my hair somewhat grittier and more texture-y than I'd like... I like conditioner to leave my hair silky. Granted I don't mind because I do only use this once a week but I suppose if I needed to use it more frequently I could always mix some into another conditioner that I preferred the effects of. Both smell really fantastic.

2. Adventure Time: It's been a while since I've brought up a show and I've gone back to watching Adventure Time - I'm currently in the middle of season 5 and it just feels so nostalgic but I'm also excited to get further along because, in truth, I never made it past the Islands miniseries   lol jk I did I got to the part with the Rainicorn past stuff (I'm trying to be vague here) but I really don't remember watching past that.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment