Sunday, June 2, 2024

May 2024 Favorites

 Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in May :) 
1. Juvia's Place The Douce Palette: I picked this palette to play with this month and I just absolutely loved all the looks I created with it! I love the variety of colors included in the palette and how they compliment one another. The quality of the palette is really great as well, every shade is pigmented and they all blend beautifully and play nicely with one another.
2. Endo and Kobayashi Live!: I know that it's not as often that I talk about shows on here and that's because I haven't really enjoyed much of what I've been watching lately or I didn't love it enough to mention it here. That being said, not since I watched Hozuki's Coolheadedness last year did I genuinely enjoy an anime. Now, especially anime in the romance genre are ones that leave me frustrated after watching them because most of them leave the viewer hanging. There's a lot of build up in terms of romantic tension that never gets resolved or comes to a conclusion - there usually is no confession of feelings for one another and the anime ends with no resolution and no further seasons in sight. Now, I understand that a lot of anime don't have the budget for multiple seasons and release the first as essentially a teaser for the manga, but I personally don't want to be switching mediums when consuming content. I love how Endo and Kobayashi Live! delivered not only a conclusive romance plot, but one which felt believable and convincing, where the characters were well-developed. I sat there literally clapping at the end of it - and - it's only one season long, so romance anime writers really could've made things work if they wanted to... I think others should be taking notes. :P

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased the palette discussed above myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment