Wednesday, May 2, 2018

April 2018 Favorites

Hey folksickles,

Alright, all the goodies I've been enjoying in the month of April. :) I'll be honest in that I don't really have many new things when it comes to favorites because I tend to reach for the same stuff over and over lately and haven't been trying a bunch of new things. That said:

1. Femme Fatale Shadow Stair - This repeatedly makes it into favorites because I just love it so much. This nail-polish, although it's a somewhat subtle office-friendly kind of color is also a chameleon and that's what I love about it. It's not quite gray, taupe, or purple but some kind of combination of all three with a pretty yet subtle silver sparkle and pink micro-shimmer that becomes noticeable when the light hits it just so. Quite beautiful. 

2. Pur Minerals Beauty in Numbers Palette - I have neglected this palette for years, sadly, and although I used to love it very much and even thought I didn't need all the Naked palettes because I had this I soon began to neglect it after acquiring the said Naked palettes. Now I will say this palette is somewhat less flashy, the majority of the colors in here have a satin finish but they're all beautifully pigmented and blend into one another like a dream. It's a wonderful neutral palette with pops of subtle color like the navy, old gold, soft pink, and muted grey-green. I have really enjoyed busting this out this month and playing with it.

3. I haven't been watching any shows lately but have been re-watching xsparkage's (aka Leesha) videos on Youtube and it's such nostalgia and throwback for me because I remember stumbling on her channel and being like WHAT... pale girls can rock BRIGHTS?!? Teach me Leesha, teach me!!!! (no one will get this reference). I mean, being that I've watched her since 2008 (it's been 10 years! :x) and she is really who I credit for making me completely makeup obsessed I find it kind of sad that she's deleted a bunch of old videos; I can certainly see why she would - people can't get limited edition products from 10 years ago and/or there were copyright issues with the music in those videos but there were golden nuggets there that are no longer and in general I think it's fun/interesting to see a Youtuber's progression along with what kind of products brands used to release versus what they're releasing now. Alas; I've no control over others' Youtube channels. I highly recommend checking her out though as she has a really great bubbly energy.

Disclaimer: I purchased all products mentioned myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment