Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Cleanser Review: Biore Pore Penetrating Charcoal Cleansing Bar

'Ello folksickles. Today's review will be for the Biore Pore Penetrating Charcoal Cleansing Bar




Availability: This product currently retails anywhere from $5.99 - $7.99 depending on where you buy it and is available at drugstores that carry the Biore line. That said, as drugstore items aren't regulated I can't guarantee price or availability.

Would I buy this?: Probably not.

What is this product designed to address?
According to target.com this is what the product is and what it does:
This Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar has a dual action formula designed to cleanse and exfoliate to draw out dirt and oil that clogs pores for a deep clean. Infused with natural charcoal and jojoba beads the charcoal bar draws out impurities and gently exfoliates for smoother skin. The natural peppermint oil leaves your skin feeling tingly fresh. With Natural Charcoal, known for its ability to draw out and trap deep-down impurities
Scent: Clean
Health Facts: Contains charcoal, dye-free, paraben-free, aluminum-free
Product Form: Bar
Recommended Skin Type: Oily, normal, combination
Beauty Purpose: Basic cleansing, anti-acne
Skin concern: Oiliness, acne and blemishes, visible pores


Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
Glycerin - is a hydrating agent, it draws water from the environment into the skin
Charcoal Powder - charcoal is very absorbent, hence its "deep-cleaning" property, it's able to absorb excess oil and dirt in the skin. 

What is the texture like?
In its bar form this is a bit rough and feels scrubby; it produces a soft, mild foam that's neither hydrating nor stripping to the skin. 

Is it scented?
This has a clean, ever-so-slightly earthy scent.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
Overall I have to say I'm surprised by this cleansing bar. Given that it's supposed to be quite deep-cleansing and pore clearing I was concerned that this might dry out my skin or leave it feeling tight and uncomfortable. Fortunately that hasn't been the case. I feel like this gives me a really thorough clean while being gentle to the skin, which is nice. That said I don't find that this does a great job of what I want it to do, which is cleaning the pores. Now one can call my expectations a bit "far out" BUT I want an item that claims to clean the pores to actually clean the pores - I mean I want it... I'm not sure how it would because I'm no skin care expert - but I would want a product labeled "pore cleaning" to dissolve/get rid of sebaceous filaments and leave the skin clear. As in, actually clear the pores of what's in them already, not simply cleanse the surface of the skin. Maybe I am asking for too much. I will say that my nose is the worst offender of having sebaceous filaments and I do notice that when I use this that they're not as prominent but they're still there. Le sigh. In short, I find this does an alright job but I wouldn't go out and purchase it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  My mom currently works in a medical office and one of the patients/brand reps (not sure) brought little goody bags for the staff that happened to contain this cleansing bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment