Thursday, May 24, 2018

Arrivals - April 2018

Ok folksickles, I had a thought to have a new "column" in here that I'll be calling Arrivals and Departures which is essentially a two-parter that will happen monthly (or as applies).  Arrivals will feature items I bought this month that are joining my collection. Without further ado.
1. wet n wild photo focus Natural Finish Setting Spray: As you may or may not know I've raved on this blog about how much I love the majority of the wet n wild photo focus line so when my CVS finally restocked this I was all over it. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

2. Ardell Demi Wispies 4-pack: So I've noticed the majority of the lashes I have are either super colorful or loud somehow and wanted soft, natural lashes for wearing to interviews and what-not; these are perfect and probably my favorite kind of wispy lash that I've tried. I really love the ones with the blue accent pieces but those are harder to find and not as natural-looking.

3. MAC Bare Study Pro Longwear Paint Pot: I knew I was going to MAC to pick up my Back to MAC lipstick but I didn't know what else I should get. I know you don't technically need to make a purchase but I feel guilty in spending someone's time and not getting anything. I am running somewhat low on my Bobbi Brown Illuminate Retouching Face Pencil and figured I'd get a neutral flesh-toned eyeshadow base (which is what I use the Bobbi Brown product for, although that's not its intended purpose). I was debating with this and Painterly to be honest but I had Painterly in the past and really liked the shimmer in this so I thought I'd try something new and give this a go. I think I might also be able to use this as a facial highlighter so win-win-win all around. :)

4. MAC Lipstick in Diva: Ah my Back 2 MAC beauty; I was originally thinking about picking up All Fired Up or Brave Red because technically that's just going down my wish list but I swatched them and while they're cute and all that jazz I just wasn't excited about either because I have colors that look like them. I figured if I was going to pick something up I wanted something unique to my collection but that was a color that I'd use on a semi-frequent basis and wasn't "out there" as how I technically have a handful of blues, greens, oranges, and purples for the lips. Now the brown family is one lacking in my collection and it's mostly because I just don't think brown or brown-toned lipstick looks good on me, that said I swatched this and thought it was so pretty, especially because of the red in it. It's a really lovely berry color with just a hint of brown and I figured ah, it's different from anything else I own but it's also really pretty and just... compared to all the other swatches on my hand I LOVED this one.

5. Beauty 360 Original Nail Polish Remover: Given that my beloved Sephora version of the "dippy" nail polish remover is all gross and not working well I decided to give the drugstore version a try.

6. Duo Brush-On Lash Glue in Clear: Another product that I needed to replenish - my House of Lashes glue had gotten all goopy and gross. Frankly I find that it's not much better than the Duo and doesn't last me as long.

Disclaimer: I purchased everything with the exception of the MAC lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment