Friday, December 9, 2016

Highlighter Review: ColourPop Over the Moon Super Shock Cheek

BEHOLD the ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Over the Moon
AvailabilityThis retails at $8 for 4.2g (.15 oz) and is currently exclusive to just colourpop.com. 
Would I buy this again? I'm not sure.
NotesThis color is described as a violet, pink, and blue duochrome topped with hot pink and violet glitters. I'd describe the color as a very sheer base loaded with pink, violet, and white-ish silver micro-glitter. I have a real issue with the color because it's mostly just glitter suspended in a clear base so it looks somewhat uneven/patchy when applied because you'll have glitter on your cheekbone but unless you wear another highlight under this, you don't have a cohesive sort of color or glow, if that makes sense. Hence, I think this would work best over a solid-hued highlight rather than as a standalone item or a base; I typically use these as bases for powder highlighters. It's a really pretty glitter shade, but that quality makes me feel kind of eh about it. That said, this glides on BEAUTIFULLY over powders so it's easy enough to use and won't create odd texture on the face the way cream products have a tendency to do. The texture is so weird... it feels like... squishy and foam-like. I kind of dig it. It's very smooth, creamy, and silky which makes it super easy to apply and blend. Just as a pointer in using this shade, I think it works best over, rather than under, powders. You could wear it either way but if you want that beautiful glow, put it on top.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment