Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lipstick Review: YSL 59 Melon D'Or Rouge Pur Couture

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 59 Melon D'Or
AvailabilityThis retails at $38 for .13 oz (3.8g) and is available at sephora.com, lordandtaylor.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com along with their respective physical store locations.
Would I buy this again?: I'm not sure.
Notes: According to sephora.com, this color is described as a golden orange. I'd say this is a soft coral pink with an intense golden pearl. To be completely honest, this shade reminded me of a long-discontinued favorite, MAC Lollipop Loving Lipstick, except the pearl in this is more gold than the chartreuse in the MAC. It's kind of mermaid-y, summery, and somewhat magical.  I'd say wear time is around 4-6+ hours, depending on whether you eat or not. It has a sweet, fruity, slightly perfume-y scent - it kind of really grew on me, I like it a lot.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. :)

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment