Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Lipstick Review: YSL 01 Le Rouge Rouge Pur Couture

YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 01 Le Rouge
AvailabilityThis retails at $38 for .13 oz (3.8g) and is available at sephora.com, lordandtaylor.com, bloomingdales.com, nordstrom.com along with their respective physical store locations.
Would I buy this again?: Yes!
Notes: According to sephora.com, this color is described as a blood red. Here's some story time, when I first started working in Sephora the idea of wearing an intense, bold red that wasn't metallic or remotely berry-toned was still a frightening thought to me. This red, and many of the other YSL lipsticks were sold out during that time, but we still had testers. There was this client that came in, really distraught that this was out of stock on account of "it's the very best red." I thought she was being dramatic yet... something about it called my name and I decided to try it out. I. fell. in. love. It was so magical and what justifies the painful price point for me - these are the most luxurious, wonderful lipsticks I've ever tried. They glide on like butter, last for a good long time without retouching, and are hydrating. My lips were a hot chapped mess when I tried this on, a red no less, and it looked glorious and I was getting compliments and, needless to say, I picked it up the moment it came back in stock. This is a very classic, pin-up red on me.  I'd say wear time is around 4-6+ hours, depending on whether you eat or not. It has a sweet, fruity, slightly perfume-y scent - it kind of really grew on me, I like it a lot.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. :)

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment