Friday, November 27, 2015

Moisturizer Review: Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream

Today's review will be for the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream
Availability: This product retails at $48 for a 1.69 oz (50 mL) tube and is available at sephora.com, along with its respective physical store locations as well as amazon.com, and birchbox.com.

Would I buy this again? Possibly.

What it is formulated to do:
Allow us to quote the lovely sephora.com
What it is:
A lightweight cream to moisturize the skin. 
What it is formulated to do:
This lightweight cream with the power of microcapsule ceramides hydrates the skin barrier from within, preventing chronic water loss. Dry, rough skin instantly becomes plumped with all-day, time-release moisture. It enhances the skin’s natural strength and function for smoother, softer skin. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 
What else you need to know:
This product has been dermatologist tested.

Does it contain any special/beneficial ingredients?
According to sephora.com:
-Ceramide 3: Provides time-release moisture. 
-Licorice Root Extract: Soothes and provides anti-redness properties. 
-Portulaca Oleracea and Aloe Vera: Calm irritated skin and hydrate. 
-Panthenol: Alleviates signs of sensitivity and softens skin.

What is the texture like?
This feels like a rich cream and is super nourishing.

Is it scented?
I would describe the scent as clean and medicinal.

My overall experience/comments on the product:
    Ok so I use this in a somewhat unconventional way - as hand cream. Now $50 is kind of steep to drop on a regular hand cream but essentially this is what happened. The Ceramidin line had a soft buzz going around it and I was curious, especially because if you look at the gel version there's pieces of the ceramide goodness in blobs throughout the gel and it's just interesting, you know. That said I have a ton of moisturizers and didn't even want to try this stuff because if I fell in love with it I didn't want to justify buying it. Then one day one of my clients asked me to make her a sample of this and I got a little on the back of my hand. I figured my hands are getting dry let me just rub it in. Legit in that moment I felt such a great burst of moisture that I figured let me put this on properly. Every single year around wintertime I think I mention in one way or another that my hand eczema comes back and last year it wasn't as severe only because going to Puerto Rico mid-January must've confused it but it can get really painful and I've had my skin crack and bleed in the past so anything that helps is always a plus. This doesn't just hydrate though, this legitimately stops the hand eczema in its tracks, when I feel the tell-tale dryness and itchiness I only have to put a little of this on and typically I'll be good for a week or so. I bought this because it really works for me and because it'll last me a while. Out of all the moisturizers in the line the cream texture works best for my hands and body which is why I bought this. I did try this on my face but it feels a bit thick and I think I'd prefer the gel for that. That said once I start using my laser for hair-removal I might use this to soothe the possible irritation.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment