Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Lipstick Review: Givenchy 304 Madarine Bolero Le Rouge Givenchy

Givenchy Le Rouge Givenchy in 304 Madarine Bolero
Availability: This product is $38 for .12 oz. You can find it at sephora.com and barneys.com as well as their physical store locations.
Would I buy this again?: Maybe... I do like it :P
NotesSephora describes this color as a muted red orange. I'd have to agree with that. The formula of this is wonderful - smooth, creamy, easy to apply - this has a satin-y finish, it doesn't have a shine like a gloss but it's not a full-on dry matte either.  It looks beautiful on its own but you can apply a gloss over it if that's more to your liking. This has an old time-y lipstick scent which to me is nostalgic to the days my mom let me wear hers so I don't mind that at all. While I realize this is a pricey lipstick I think what makes it worth the money, to me, is how unique the color is. Yes, there's loads of tangerines out there but this has this really interesting balance of being something of a pinkish orange while kind of looking red too... like a raw salmon color? I haven't really seen a color like this anywhere else. The packaging on this is also beautiful, the black casing you see in the photographs is genuine leather. Overall, I think it's worth investing in if you find a shade you really fall in love with.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions. :)

Disclaimer: I bought this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment