Sunday, November 30, 2014

MAKE UP FOR EVER D-316, S-314, D-236, D-200, ME-224, and I-112 Artist Shadows Review

Today I'll be reviewing the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadows in D-316, S-314, D-236, D-200, ME-224, and I-112.
Availability: This is available at sephora.com and makeupforever.com as well as their respective physical store/boutique locations. Here's how pricing works, each individual shadow without a case is $17, $29 for 2 shadows and a case, $39 for 3 eyeshadows and a case, $49 for 4 shadows and a case, and/or $59 for 6 eyeshadows and a case. The shades that are still available are: S-314, D-236, and ME-224.
Would I buy this again?: Damn right I would.
Notes: Confession - I disliked a large majority of MAKE UP FOR EVER's older eyeshadow formula because the texture was dry, you had to work with them a certain way to get them to work for you, they weren't the most user friendly if you were a noob and just... the pigmentation on some was lacking... I loved MAKE UP FOR EVER as a brand but just not the shadows. Then these came and I developed a big crush on MAKE UP FOR EVER all over again. These are unique, fantastic, buttery, smooth, and amazing. Just... they really surpassed my expectations so I just had to pick up a few mermaid colors to add to my collection. Take a gander and then like... go buy some. Do it. You won't be disappointed. I also really like how sleek the cases are. They don't take up much space at all and it's nice that they're refillable and customizable. 
Diamond is my new favorite finish. Most diamond finish shadows are a frost formula loaded with this awesome micro-glitter that sticks around where you place it. They have the most glorious shine and if you remotely like shiny or glittery you NEED them. They kind of remind me of a pressed version of the Sugarpill Chromalusts. D-316 is described as a crystalline pinky green. It's a gorgeous iridescent chartreuse that indeed has a crystalline quality and is loaded with pink starburst micro-glitter. It is just so unique and unlike most other greens. I obviously needed it.
This happened to be my I don't know what else to choose but I want a free shadow color. I do like minty greens so... yolo? But there's this diamond finish purple that I wish I'd have chosen instead. S-314 is described as a Nile green with a satin finish. In person it reads more of a mid-tone mint green. It's actually a lot prettier on than it looks in the pan. :/
D-236 is described as a lagoon blue with a diamond finish. MERMAID PARADISE. That's what I would call this... I just want to slap it and my Inglot teals on and roll around in the goodness. It's this gorgeous aquatic teal with these aquamarine starburst glitters that look exactly like the necklace my bestie got me for my birthday. It's like they crushed up a second one of the necklaces and stuck it in this shadow. Like... I clearly needed it. If you are a mermaid you need it too. 
D-200 is described as a crystalline mauve turquoise. I would say the base is a cool-toned off-white with a strong teal iridescence and whitish-teal starburst micro-glitter. Such unique. Much sparkle. Very joy!
ME-224 is described as a navy blue with a metallic finish. I would say it's more of a black with an intense navy iridescence. I really wanted a color like this that would be strongly blue and LOVE this. So glad I got it.

Last but not least comes I-112 which is described as a chrome with an iridescent finish. It's this awesome cool-toned almost... periwinkle/cornflower gray. Digging it. It's so unique and works so well to bring out the warmth in my eye-color. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: I purchased this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment