Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sugarpill Paperdoll Chromalust Review

My Sugarpill Story: Amy Doan, the founder of Sugarpill, has been an inspiration many years before Sugarpill even launched. I found out about her Ebay shop through Leesha's videos and  was blown away by the gorgeous makeup looks she did to accompany her product pages. She is an enormous inspiration to me because she's doing what she loves and is colorful and not afraid to express or be herself. So when Sugarpill first launched I knew I had to get my hands on the goods.  I really hope you enjoy the review.
Availability: This has been discontinued.
Note: What sets the Chromalusts apart from similar loose shadows or pigments are that a large majority of them contain these amazing micro-glitter particles - they do a good job of staying on the skin as well but generally show up when the product is used dry (it takes a more metallic quality if used wet). 
 I love how each shadow has a little symbol above its name (like the heart here), how absolutely precious!


I used lune+aster Dawn to Dusk Gel Eyeliner in Black  for the black base and Sephora Collection Let It Snow Colorful Shadow & Liner for the white, the far right is swatched wet
Paperdoll is described as a lovely lavender with dazzling shimmer and sparkle. I'd describe this as a matte lavender loaded with pink, violet, and silver microglitter. I'm not entirely sure why I waited so long to get this (at IMATS) because it's absolutely gorgeous. Kind of curious to try this as a blush.

Overall, if you're looking for really unique, gorgeous, bright loose shadows I highly suggest checking these out and getting your hands on them. I am so in love, I don't think you'll be disappointed :3

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer: I paid for this myself. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment