Wednesday, November 26, 2014

MAC Cosmetics Nanogold, Honey Lust, Ricepaper, Gorgeous Gold, Rated "R", One-Off, Jealousy Wakes, Shimmermoss, Clarity, Tilt, and Crystal Eyeshadow Review

Today I'll be reviewing MAC Eyeshadows in Nanogold, Honey Lust, Ricepaper, Gorgeous Gold, Rated "R", One-Off, Jealousy Wakes, Clarity, Tilt, and Crystal
Availability: MAC shadows are currently available at maccosmetics.com, macys.com, nordstrom.com,  ulta.com, bloomingdales.com and their respective physical store locations and retail at $18 a piece for eyeshadows in a casing or $8 for a palette refill.  Um... save yourself $10 and just get a pan. The weight of each shadow varies by shade but they all average around 1.3 g -1.5 g (.04 oz - 0.05 z) of product each. 
Would I buy this again?: Honestly I probably wouldn't repurchase most of these shades.
Notes: Given that, over the years, I've narrowed down my collection of MAC singles to just this handful I've decided to include all of them in this post. Unfortunately, when MAC was purchased by Estee Lauder, the quality of their eyeshadow took quite the dip so I can't promise that if you go out and buy these (well the ones you can still buy) that they'll be as good as the batch I have.
Nanogold  has a lustre finish; I'd describe it as a soft gold base with a pink pearl. This is an incredibly subtle shade and one that I like to use mainly as a highlight shade for the inner corner of the eye, the center of the lid, or for the cheekbones. At the time I purchased this shade it was fairly unique but as of the time I'm editing this post (2021) it is a shade that can easily be found in many palettes with a far better pigment payoff (I mean specifically this soft gold with a pinkish pearl). This specific eyeshadow has been discontinued. 
Honey Lust is described as a bronze dipped peach and has a lustre finish; I'd describe it as a mid-tone pink champagne color with a golden pearl.
Ricepaper is described as a peachy gold with shimmer and has a frost finish; I'd say this is a soft warm off-white beige-y color with a white pearl. It has more of a satiny than a frosty quality to it.
Gorgeous Gold is described as a muted yellow gold with a veluxe pearl finish; I'd agree with the description except they completely leave out the amazing green shift that this has and that's my whole reason to get it, the awesome green shift. 
Rated "R" has a starflash finish; I'd describe it as a shimmery golden chartreuse. This shade has been discontinued. 
One-Off  has a starflash finish; I'd say this is a shimmery grass green. This shade has been discontinued.
Jealousy Wakes is described a seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl and has a veluxe pearl finish; I'd say it's a satiny cool-toned green base with a soft bluish pearl and very sporadic gold micro-shimmer particles. This shade has been discontinued. 
Shimmermoss has a veluxe pearl finish; I'd describe it as a soft shimmery teal with a golden teal pearl. This shade has been discontinued and I am low-key a bit shocked as this has been a part of their permanent collection for a long time. 
Clarity has a matte squared finish; I'd say this is a bluish cyan shade. This takes me back to the days when matte squared was like THE matte formula to have because they were so smooth and easy to blend whereas most mattes were chalky and difficult to work with. I'm glad those days are past and we, as consumers, are holding companies to a higher standard. This shade has been discontinued.
Tilt is described as a violet with blue-green pearl and has a frost finish; I'd describe it as a grayish periwinkle base shade with a golden teal pearl.
Crystal has a frost finish; I'd say this is a subtle cool-toned grayish lavender with a pinkish purple pearl to it. This shade has been discontinued. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer: Paid for these myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment