Thursday, October 9, 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette Review

Today's review will be on the Urban Decay Electric Palette. I love color, so I just had to. I'm going to start off by saying that this is an odd palette in the sense of Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban (the pink/orange and purple shades) are not meant to be used on the immediate eye area. Why? Well because certain red pigments are not cleared by the FDA. However, even the marketing materials for this product featured looks using these shades on the eye which I can only assume was an eff you to the FDA. I haven't had a problem with any of the above shades bothering my eyes but if you know you're sensitive to red or purple pigments please be cautious. Other than eyeshadows, these pigments can be used on the cheeks and lips as well as hair chalk. All these colors can stain your lids, be sure to use primer and a base when possible to minimize staining.




AvailabilityThis has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again? Yes.
NotesEvery single shade I've tried is smooth, highly pigmented, and easy to blend.

Revolt, described as a bright metallic silver shimmer with silver glitter. I agree on all but not the glitter, it has a very metallic look to it, like aluminum foil. Very pigmented.

Gonzo, described as a bright turquoise matte with floating tonal pearl. Um... it's an absolutely gorgeous shade of bluish turquoise with turquoise micro-glitter bits all throughout on a matte base.

Slowburn, described as a bright red-orange matte with floating pearl. I'd say it's a tangerine with a satin texture and subtle silver micro-glitter particles in it.

Savage, described as a bright hot pink matte. I'd say it's a bright hot pink matte with subtle fuchsia and silver micro-shimmer.

Fringe, described as a bright metallic teal. I have to agree.
Chaos, described as a bright blue matte with floating tonal pearl. I'd say it's a royal blue matte base with silver micro-glitter.
Jilted, described as a bright metallic fuchsia with blue shift. I'd say it's more of a magenta with blue pearl.
Urban, described as a bright metallic purple. It is but it has such a beautiful violet sheen to it. Love.
Freak, is described as a bright green with gold shift. Yup, exactly what it is.
Last but not least, Thrash. It's described as a bright lime green matte with floating gold pearl. I'd agree but the pearl has a touch of rosiness to it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment