Sunday, October 5, 2014

MAC Graphic Garden Palette Review

Today's review will be on the MAC Eyeshadow 6 in Graphic Garden. Remember a time before MAC was bought out that the 6-pan palettes released during holiday and limited edition collections looked like this and didn't suck? Oh nostalgia. I believe Graphic Garden was supposed to be a duty-free only collection but when I saw it at Macy's I gagged and HAD TO own this palette because it's just absolutely beautiful. Honestly speaking I often forget about it in my collection, rediscover it, and fall in love all over again. Without further ado - the review.




Availability: This has been discontinued.
Would I buy this again? I want to say I probably would.
NotesI think I've said all I wanted to say above, so let's go to the swatches, shall we?
Social Climber, veluxe pearl texture aka a metallic/frost with a buttery, easy to blend texture. White with intense pink duo-chrome, not visible in the photo above much but it's a bit more prominent in real life.

Straight Hedge, veluxe pearl texture. A beautiful bluish mint green that leans slightly turquoise.

Linear Lilac, veluxe pearl texture. Not lilac at all but more of a silver.
Botanical Blue, frost texture - typically I find frosts are less pigmented than veluxe pearls while acting the same way. This is a very pigmented turquoise-blue shade, an exception to the rule.
Graphic Garden, veluxe texture - matte with micro-glitter particles. This is a matte black with pink, violet, gold, and silver micro-glitter. In the pan it looks like a beautiful starry sky, in real life it's a tad more disappointing because the pigmentation is lackluster, the texture is rather on the dry side and the glitter doesn't really pick up or represent well.
Wild Wisteria, luster texture - I often find lusters weird and both not pigmented and unwilling to blend easily. This is an exception - it's a little drier in texture versus the veluxe pearls but still cooperates nicely. I would describe this shade as a magenta with a violet duo-chrome.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

DisclaimerI paid for this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment