Saturday, July 7, 2018

Love It Or Leave It; Review 2.0: Kat Von D 10-Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

Hello folksickles. As a makeup junkie and blogger you may have realized that I review a LOAD of eyeshadow palettes and I like to think of myself as being largely an eyeshadow junkie. In order to de-clutter a bit  I've decided to pick out a palette or series of eyeshadows for the month and have that be my monthly selection for those instances where I'm not doing a tutorial for the blog. Every month I'll do a recap on the eyeshadows - how I feel about them and whether I'll be keeping them or giving them away (and why :P) as well as if I think it's worth its price tag. Although I know I just reviewed this palette, I bought it at the very end of May and have been using it throughout the month of June as my palette-of-the-month.

A tutorial using the palette above can be found here. Here are the looks I did using the palette:




















So as you can see I created a bunch of colorful and neutral looks using this palette. I have been using the Decide Now! app and playing "Palette Roulette" as inspired by xsparkage and it's been so much fun and takes the guesswork out of figuring out which colors to use every day. I just roll 5 shades and work with them for the most part - sometimes I'll add a blending shade or highlight as necessary. If I'm going to be completely honest  or rather, to be completely honest - I have mixed feelings on the palette and feel that there's inconsistencies in the product batches as the testers I've played with seemed nice, the cool-toned colors I was eyeing in this palette (mainly the olive and the teal) swatched so pretty but in my experience they don't wear as nicely as the warm tones in the palette.  It's not that gigantic of a difference but I absolutely notice it. I still find the colors here to be somewhat unique to my collection and thus will hold on to the palette for the time being but due to her anti-vaccination stance I will no longer be supporting KVD. Sorry about it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this palette myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment