Friday, July 6, 2018

June 2018 Empties

All my garbage of the month! :D
1. Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash: I used this to shave with and I find that it does a great job as a shaving cream. It has a nice refreshing, clean scent and leaves my skin feeling soft. I feel like the sensitive formula moisturizes and provides a smoother shave versus some of the other ones.

2. Biore Pore Penetrating Charcoal Cleansing BarI'm salty because I wasn't done with this, the chunk just grew small and fell down the sink. :( I quite liked this bar and found that it cleansed nicely without leaving my skin feeling stripped. It isn't as hydrating of a cleanser as I like but it was pretty good stuff.

3. beautyblender Solid 1 oz. Cleanser: My favorite brush soap. Ever! Completely washes every last bit of makeup off your brushes and sponges. The thing with this is that, like the Biore soap mentioned above, I didn't so much finish this as it fell out and I thought it was gone forever. While my mom did end up finding the remains of this soap I just combined it in the tub with my 5 oz. Pro Cleanser. :x

4. Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin Candle: One of my friends gave me this for Christmas and I stuck it in my tart warmer because it didn't come in any sort of container nor did I have a glass I felt comfortable sticking it into as some glasses can shatter from the heat candles give off. In any case, I found that the scent was strong for about 12 hours and dissipated after the 16 hour mark (I didn't have it going continuously). I find that I do like the spiced pumpkin scent but I'd probably like it better as an actual candle versus trying to make a tart of it.

5. Clarisonic Luxe Cashmere Cleanse Brush Head: My very favorite Clarisonic brush head! It's super gentle and soft while giving the skin a really thorough cleanse and it also assists cleansers in foaming up really nicely.

6. wet n wild Natural Finish Setting Spray: This is a really nice setting spray. It feels refreshing to put it on, it helps makeup stay throughout the day, it does a great job of applying eyeshadow wet and helping THAT stay put all day. I like it a lot and have already purchased another.

7. Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Eau Gourmande: I'm so sad to see this go. I really love the way it smells - a beautiful, luxurious scent that's sweet yet balanced by the heaviness of the amber.

8. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Yogurt Apricot and Honey Lotion: I am so sad to see this moisturizer go as I've gotten to loving it so much. It smells delicious - much like you'd expect apricot yogurt to smell but what I love about it is that it's super lightweight yet incredibly moisturizing.

9. Tree Hut Firming Sugar Scrub in Italian Mocha: This is a really nice, intense sugar scrub with a wake-you-up delicious mocha scent. I LOVE IT to get me going in the morning. One thing I haven't mentioned in the praises I sing to these scrubs is that they are all non-greasy which is so important when using a body scrub in the shower. I hate scrubs with a layer of oil sitting at the top because you just know that's a slipping hazard and I really don't have to worry with these.

10. Ardell Demi Wispies 4-pack: These are some of my favorites for natural, everyday wear lashes. They add a bit of volume and thickness without being anything too crazy and are super lightweight. I find that they're great lashes for beginners because of how natural and light they are; they also have a thin lash band which makes them easy to work with and they don't really need to be trimmed unless one's lash-line is quite small, I find myself having to trim most of my lashes but these don't need to be trimmed.

11. Garnier Fructis Flexible Control Hairspray : This is my favorite hairspray - it provides a good hold, adds definition to my waves, and tames fly-aways without being crunchy or weighing my hair down.

12. Head & Shoulders Repair & Protect Hair & Scalp Conditioner: I received this for review from Influenster and I like it a lo! I find that it adds a nice boost of hydration to the hair without being heavy and I really like its sweet, slightly refreshing, scent.

13. Bath & Body Works Honolulu Sun PocketBac: This does the job - it's a gel hand sanitizer. I'm not the biggest fan of the scent as I find it to be a weird, cloyingly wet coconut musk.

14. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes in Orange Fusion: I've been using these to wipe down counter-tops and some makeup items and to be real with y'all I prefer baby wipes. I find that these are very wet - almost drippy, that they're thin, and they have a very strong, cloying, chemical scent.

15. L'oreal Pure-Clay Mask Clear and Comfort 3 Pure Clays + Seaweed: I found this to be a nice clay mask because it left my skin feeling clean without being stripped. That said I find that I am suffering from clogged pores around my nose and this didn't really do anything to clear up that issue.

16. Fortune Cookie Soaps Prepare to Die OCD Hand Sanitizer: This is a glittery, sugar-cookie scented gel hand sanitizer. While it did do the job I personally am not the biggest fan of gourmand-smelling hand sanitizer nor do I like for them to have glitter. :/ In other words it's aight but I won't get it again.

17. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: So because I've got two mini jars of the older formula I've decided to use them up. Now this is a nice, refreshing-feeling formula but the new one is SO MUCH BETTER. While this does provide moisture I find that overall its texture is heavier (albeit not too heavy or anything) and that it doesn't leave my skin feeling hydrated throughout the day - I suppose because it doesn't have the auto-replenish function that the newer formulation has. Overall it's nice but I definitely like its glow-up.

18.  Origins Plantscription Eye Cream: This is a very rich, hydrating eye cream. It contains peptides in it which supposedly help disguise the look of fine lines and wrinkles by encouraging collagen synthesis. Now... I don't have anything major to speak of but my under-eye area has definitely become prone to looking crepe-y, especially when I haven't slept and I do find that this has helped with that issue.

19. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation: Honestly speaking I really wanted to love this foundation because of the hype surrounding it and because I love Rihanna but I found that it emphasized pores and texture in my skin and I don't love that.

20. wet n wild photo focus Concealer in Light Ivory: I have literally scraped out every last bit of this that I could and that's because I LOVE this concealer. It does a great job of concealing my under-eye darkness and works nicely on the face as well.

21. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD High-Definition Concealer in Classic Ivory: This concealer, unfortunately, was dark for me but I was able to make it work by applying it under my foundation. That said, doing so isn't my favorite maneuver because I end up using way more concealer versus when I use it over foundation - because the foundation should do some work providing coverage. Overall I find that this concealer blends nicely but doesn't provide as much coverage as I want and it moves around kind of easily - i.e.: most of it disappears when I apply powder even if I'm just stippling the powder on and not swiping it around with a brush. :/

Disclaimer: I purchased all of the above with the exception of the Head & Shoulders, Clinique, and Fenty products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment