Sunday, July 8, 2018

Morphe - The Jaclyn Hill Palette Review

Hello folksickles, today I'm reviewing a palette that I am SO EXCITED to own, a palette from which looks colorful, neutral, a mix of both, metallic, matte, a mix of both... can be born! A palette that I think is cute and versatile, albeit rather warm-tone heavy.  Behold the Morphe The Jaclyn Hill Palette.




Availability: The currently retails at $39 at ulta.com along with its physical store locations or morphebrushes.com
Would I buy this again?: I think I would.
Notes: I think this is such a beautiful palette and is very versatile as well.  You can easily create a colorful look but you can also do a soft pin-up situation, a smoky look, a neutral with a pop of color, a colorful look with some neutrals for definition... Endless possibilities! Personally I like layering the more "foil"-type shades over the matte shades for a fun twist. I really like this shade selection a lot. 
I'll speak a bit about the packaging before I show you the shades - I HATE that it's white because it's a dirt magnet. I say this yet I've been using it nonstop for a week straight as of the point of writing this and it looks fairly clean thus far.
I also have to tell you that each pan here is a .06 oz. or 1.6g.

Without further ado, swatchfest!
Enlight is a soft, warm off-white pearl shade. 
Beam is a white-gold pearl. I really love this color to highlight the inner corner and brow-bone with. It's great for the face as well. 
Silk Creme is a very light, warm, matte blending out shade. It's just a shade or two darker than my skin and a tad bit warmer. I love to use this as a transition shade if I'm going for a soft, subtle look.
M.F.E.O. is a matte, slightly darker, slightly cooler version of Silk Creme
Faint is a soft pink with an intense white pearl. 
Sissy is a very typical coral, peachy shade with an intense gold pearl.
Little Lady is a peachy orange with a golden pearl. 
Creamsicle is a warm mustard yellow matte. 
Butter is a matte orange with a slight hint of brown; a great transition shade. 

Pooter is a mid-tone matte brown. 
Pukey is a rich, warm, matte brown. I don't like how she named this shade "pukey" as it makes me think of vomit which really does this color a disservice. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation but I don't care enough for Jaclyn (sorry y'all) to watch her video on why she made this palette and how, etc... I just thought the palette was cute overall and picked it up for that reason.
Hunts is a matte, warm, somewhat muted red. I wonder if this was named for the ketchup brand because that's what this color reminds me of. 
Firework is a warm bronze with an intense pinkish-copper pearl.
Queen is a bronze with an intense golden pearl.
Obsessed is a pearly champagne with silver glitter. 
S.B.N. is a bronze-y copper shade.
Hillster is a slightly brownish, shimmery cranberry shade. 
Roxanne is warm, matte brownish red. 
Jacz is a dark, matte, berry red.
Buns is a matte brownish red. 
Cranapple is a beautiful, warm candy apple cranberry shade with almost a hint of a golden undertone. A very pretty shimmery shade. 
Royalty is a shimmery royal purple with magenta, blue, and silver micro-glitter.
Twerk is a satiny indigo. 
Hustle is a shimmery pinkish taupe. 
Meeks is a taupe-y bronze with a bit of a copper pearl.  
24/7 is a darker brown with silver micro-glitter.
Chip is a matte plummy brown.
Mocha is a dark, matte, mocha brown.
Pool Party is... drum roll please because no one is surprised... my favorite shade in the palette! It's a gorgeous mid-tone turquoise with an intense golden pearl.
Jada is a matte, slightly greenish turquoise.
Diva is a grey-green with silver micro-glitter. 
Enchanted is a matte blackened green.
Central Park is a matte, blackened, cool-toned brown.
Soda Pop is a matte, blackened, aubergine purple shade. 
Abyss is a matte black.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

DisclaimerI purchased this myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment